+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working both on-campus and off-campus

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
As much as I know, students are allowed to work unlimited on campus and for only 20 hours off campus.

I just want to know, if a student works for 20 hours off campus, and at the same time works for between 10 to 20 hours on campus, is it legal or not?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As much as I know, students are allowed to work unlimited on campus and for only 20 hours off campus.

I just want to know, if a student works for 20 hours off campus, and at the same time works for between 10 to 20 hours on campus, is it legal or not?
You can work 100 hours on campus and 20 hours off campus if you want.

Reactions: hamid123456

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Simultaneously?
according to:

Working on campus in addition to working off campus
There are no restrictions on the number of hours students can work on campus [as per R186(f)] in addition to working off campus, provided they continue to meet the applicable eligibility requirements.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok .. thk u ... i have one more question, how do they get to know that our job is on campus or off campus
Doesn't really matter, unless you planning on trying to get away with working off campus more hours.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Ok .. thk u ... i have one more question, how do they get to know that our job is on campus or off campus
"On campus" typically means being employed by the university itself, or businesses that operate at the university (like food services). It's not hard to sort that out, since your T4 will have your employer's name and address.

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
I have similar situation, I am working for a security company which provides security services to my college. All of my work shifts are in college campus. My college's international student advisor said it would be considered as on campus if all my work shifts are in college. But I am confused how IRCC will understand my work was on campus as the address of my employer is not in college campus but it provides services to college.