+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working before applying for PGWP

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
Hello,

I just finished writing my final exams, and haven't recieved a confirmation letter from the college yet so haven't applied for pgwp. My question is - can I work full time (it's technically winter break now that the semester is over) before applying for pgwp? I have a valid study permit for 90 more days and am allowed to work full time during breaks. It's the subtle wording in my college's FAQs regarding pgwp the made me think about my situation. I was thinking I can keep working full time before applying and while waiting after applying for a pgwp... Please clarify it it'd be for great help. Thanks.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
so yes u can work full time from now on. and simultaneously apply for pgwp once u get the documents from colg

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
Thank you very much. So, it doesn't matter that I haven't actually applied for the pgwp? I'd have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can do so.

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
I can't tell about your chances, but you can work full time while waiting for pgwp. I worked full time too once I had filed the application for the work permit. If you didn't break rules, pgwp is almost a guarantee.

olivaresa87

Jul 4, 2018
Were you working full time?
I'm in the same situation, I started working after my final exams and after receiving the document from my school I stopped working and applied for pgwp. What are my chances to be approved?
I would love to hear what happened in your situation. Did you get your PGWP despite working?