+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working as Freelancer

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

Am planning to apply for EE. But I really want to know if I stand a chance.

Firstly let me introduce myself, I did my bachelors in Electrical Engineering in 2014 but I have been working as Graphic Designer/Illustrator (NOC 5241) since Apr 2014. I provide graphic design services online on website Freelancer dot com. I have a very healthy profile there with over 700 projects and over 550 reviews from clients as graphic designer.

1)I can print out a 120+ page transaction history issued by freelancer dot com which has details of every penny along with dates, timestamps, client name, project name, cost.

2)In addition, I can also have almost 60 page document which will have all the reviews from clients I have worked with. In this document client name, project name, cost, rating, feedback comments are given.

3)I can also have the local bank statements which corresponds to the 120 page transaction history from freelancer.com

These stats will continue to grow since I work everyday over 12 hours a day.

With above documents should I apply for the Express Entry? What else do you guys recommend? Would love to know thoughts.

thanks for reading whoever reads my request
Atif

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Atif Ben said:
ummm guys ? ::)
1. No. Freelancer.com is an agency that connected you with the client. You will need to have reference letters from the client stating the job duties, number of hours worked and remuneration.
2. Online reviews won't do. The client has to give you a letter in CIC format.
3. Proof of payment isn't essential. Remuneration has to be specified on the letter.

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
Hello there

I have talked with clients I have been working with.
And luckily I have got around 30 letters.
It states when project started, when it ended, amount, number of hours I worked.
Also I got Clients contact details as well.

However, I gave them all a form to fill out, sign it and send me a scanned copy. So they are all same in terms of design.

Is anybody interested to review a letter and let me know if this would work?

Thank you

Reactions: sohilm1

simranahuja40

Dec 2, 2020
Hello there

It states when project started, when it ended, amount, number of hours I worked.

However, I gave them all a form to fill out, sign it and send me a scanned copy. So they are all same in terms of design.

Thank you
Hey Atif,

Were you able to get through? As I am also a freelancer on freelancer.com and I am also planning on getting letters from my clients. Please let me know. Thanks in Advance :)

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello there

Thank you
Best thing in your situation is to get a recommendation letter from Freelancer.com.

Apart from that you already have letters from your clients which is good.

Rest, everything is good and you can proceed with your application.

If you have any more questions, message me!

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
Hi Guys

Sorry I didnt apply As I felt it would be risky.

I have done a job got over a year experience now. Done with the masters and IELTS. Now I have 468 points waiting for the draw.
Thank you for replying Nishant.