+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working as a Software Engineer but confused about what noc code to use

tanini

Jul 11, 2023
Hi, I had a bit of confusion regarding which NOC code I should be using. I have been working at the same company (Cisco) for the past 4.5 years and my title has always been software engineer plus a number denoting seniority ( I got promoted twice since I joined as a fresher). I have gotten this reference letter from my HR, highlighting my responsibilities. I feel this matches best with the 21231. Is it okay to claim experience with 21231 code for the entire 4.5 years?
Responsibilities listed in the letter :
* Understand user requirements and use that to develop concrete specifications
* Participate in design discussions to develop software that meets the required specifications
* Do proof of concept (POC) testing to evaluate the performance and reliability of software systems
* Convert POC to a fully viable product and deployment of the same to production
* Testing, troubleshooting, documenting, monitoring, and maintaining existing application software
* Mentoring junior software engineers and interns who are part of the team
* Interviewing candidates various software engineering positions

tanini

Jul 11, 2023
Hi, I had a bit of confusion regarding which NOC code I should be using. I have been working at the same company (Cisco) for the past 4.5 years and my title has always been software engineer plus a number denoting seniority ( I got promoted twice since I joined as a fresher). I have gotten this reference letter from my HR, highlighting my responsibilities. I feel this matches best with the 21231. Is it okay to claim experience with 21231 code for the entire 4.5 years?
Responsibilities listed in the letter :
* Understand user requirements and use that to develop concrete specifications
* Participate router login in design discussions to develop software that meets the required specifications
* Do proof of concept (POC) testing to evaluate the performance and reliability of software systems
* Convert POC to a fully viable product and deployment of the same to production
* Testing, troubleshooting, documenting, monitoring, and maintaining existing application software
* Mentoring junior software engineers and interns who are part of the team
* Interviewing candidates various software engineering positions
I got this,..

DreamingMan

Jun 10, 2023
Hi, how did it go? Are you a software engineer in Canada or outside Canada?
If you are in Canada, do you have a certificate or licensing? From what I know so far that having the word engineer in your job title can be problematic if you are not licensed if you are in Canada.

I have a friend whose title is developer, and yet his responsibilities seem to be inline with 21231. Even he is confused whether or not this NOC alone requires license, even if the job title doesn't mention the word engineer.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, how did it go? Are you a software engineer in Canada or outside Canada?
If you are in Canada, do you have a certificate or licensing? From what I know so far that having the word engineer in your job title can be problematic if you are not licensed if you are in Canada.

I have a friend whose title is developer, and yet his responsibilities seem to be inline with 21231. Even he is confused whether or not this NOC alone requires license, even if the job title doesn't mention the word engineer.
OP was an "I got this,.." spam bot.