+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Abroad.

Mughal007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hey,
I am planning to work outside of Canada, Can any one advise on Tax related arrangements? My family will be moving with me but not immediately. they will join me after 6 months.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hey,
I am planning to work outside of Canada, Can any one advise on Tax related arrangements? My family will be moving with me but not immediately. they will join me after 6 months.
for the 6 months that your family is here, you will be taxed on your foreign income in Canada. Once they leave, you can file a tax return indicating that you are no longer a resident and then you don't need to file any further taxes in Canada.

Mughal007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
for the 6 months that your family is here, you will be taxed on your foreign income in Canada. Once they leave, you can file a tax return indicating that you are no longer a resident and then you don't need to file any further taxes in Canada.
I file my tax return with H&R block is the same recommended for this as well? I want to keep my house here how things will change for that? do need CRA to confirm before i leave?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Get a good tax attorney familiar with expats taxation. The house in Canada is considered a significant attachment and might cause issues with non residency status. Keep in mind that having to file tax in Canada isn’t the same as having to pay tax in Canada.