+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working abroad

drzeina

May 8, 2009
Hi Every one
I am planning to settle in Canada after being away for the past 2 1/2 years since my landing date. the main problem is finding a job and my thoughts were to open a consulting company and use my expertise and connections to get a decent income. the problem that i require an informed opinion on is that all my connections are abroad which will require constant travelling and basically staying out of country for a month pr a month nad a hlaf at a time. my family will be permanently settled in canada with kids in school but for me i will not be able to satisfy the 730 days to renew the PR card and consequently latter if i want to apply for citizenship.

is there a consideration for this probability in the immigration law?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drzeina said:
Hi Every one
I am planning to settle in Canada after being away for the past 2 1/2 years since my landing date. the main problem is finding a job and my thoughts were to open a consulting company and use my expertise and connections to get a decent income. the problem that i require an informed opinion on is that all my connections are abroad which will require constant travelling and basically staying out of country for a month pr a month nad a hlaf at a time. my family will be permanently settled in canada with kids in school but for me i will not be able to satisfy the 730 days to renew the PR card and consequently latter if i want to apply for citizenship.

is there a consideration for this probability in the immigration law?
If you are working for a Canadian employer, they usually count that time as spent inside Canada but they are also suspicious of businesses you may have grounded for the sole reason of keeping your PR. You may find that you have a problem at the time your PR card expires and you must renew. They may take longer to renew your case to the point that your PR card has expired and you can no longer travel which could hurt your business.

However, you might win an appeal based on your family and children being in Canada and even if you don't, even if you lose your PR, your wife can always sponsor you again.