+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working abroad - CAN organization

santaita7

Sep 28, 2015
Hello all,

I need some help in understanding my current situation and if I would incur in any issues while counting towards my PR obligations? Here is my situation:

1) I've been hired as a consultant for a Canadian organization in Canada at first.

2) After that, I've been relocated as a permanent employee for an overseas office of this Canadian organization.The contract has been signed in Canada.

3) My contract isn't linked to this foreign office and I might be relocated back to Canada at anytime.

Thanks!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello all,

I need some help in understanding my current situation and if I would incur in any issues while counting towards my PR obligations? Here is my situation:

1) I've been hired as a consultant for a Canadian organization in Canada at first.

2) After that, I've been relocated as a permanent employee for an overseas office of this Canadian organization.The contract has been signed in Canada.

3) My contract isn't linked to this foreign office and I might be relocated back to Canada at anytime.

Thanks!
How large is the organization, how long has it been around and how long will you be working in Canada first?

santaita7

Sep 28, 2015
The organization has over 100 employees and has been around for more than 40 years. We also work closely with the government of Canada in Canada and abroad. I was a consultant for a couple of months before having the current opportunity of expanding our Canadian mission abroad.