15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Hi All,

I have work exp of 10+ years , my consultant scared the hell out of me saying that its an education gap and visa approval chances are less...

What do you guys say???

My profile 10th-78%
12-73%
Btech-70%

What all to include in cover letter? How to get the visa easily?

Please help me out

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Can anyone please reply if they have an info

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
GAULOV said:
Can anyone please reply if they have an info
Hi GAULOV,

Consultants are more inclined towards lining their own pockets first. I also have a work experience of 5+. I selected my masters subject and was having some issues with documentation, so went to a Consultant. And what followed next was ridiculous. I was planning to go to Quebec which means that i would have required Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), which not at all difficult to get. The consultants in Chandigarh told me that WHY ARE YOU GOING QUEBEC ? You will require 2 visa's and it will be difficult for you to get that( though CAQ was not a visa :)). AND THEN THE REAL PART BEGUN. They said leave Master in Quebec, we will get you some good course in some other State AND for which you will get 100% Visa.

Crux is IF you really want to join some program and study there, don't give too much importance to what Consultant says about Visa.

You have to prove to the University/College via your SOP why you want to join.

Provided you get the letter of acceptance, you will definitely get Visa. Visa officer is there to check your financial supporting docs and Checks if the the field of your study is relevant to your past(which generally, after that many years of work exp you get from universities after careful assessment).

Get the LOA at the earliest, rest leave it to the God :)

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Hi Navdeep,

Thanks for that great advice, God bless.

KindHeart1980

Jul 14, 2015
Thanks Navdeep for the reply. I am in the same boat as Gaulov.

One of the agents has been pushing me to do MBA at Vancouver Island Uni. - without GMat. however, the reviews and horror stories of that college were shocking!

I had almost thought of giving up on these agents, but one has to via an agent only :((

HK888

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Guys, I have 18 years work experience which is a "big" education gap after my graduation. I got admitted for a Bachelor Degree course in a College for Winter 2016 intake and few weeks ago, i got my study permit approved ( I applied under general category online, no agent is used). So no worry about the education gap as long as you could prove you are a genuine student. Good Luck to you guys !

HK888

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Gaulov,

Having received your message, however your inbox is full that i was unable to reply you. Please pm me and advise me your email address. Thx !

pavan.bolli

Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys, i have 10+ yrs of exp
Btech 2005 passed out in civil eng, working as a structural design eng since then. Getting a visa shouldnt be a problem as long as u justify the reason for ur education and have good funds.
I took a GIC for 10000$ and showed 14lakhs in bank account and also paid first semester fee 7000$ to the Univ. Included my ITR's, Form 16's, Payslips, letter from employer stating my current position and since when iv have been working there, my previous companys offer letter and relieving letter, ID cards.
The covering letter should be nice and descriptive the reasons behind choosing ur higher studies and how it would benefit you and mention that u have the intent to return to India after ur completion of studies etc.

I got my visa, paperbased application in general category for univ in quebec
Dropped file at vfs hyd: Nov 2nd
file reached bang office: Nov 3rd
email and sms approval: Nov 19th
passport dispatched and on the way. Bluedart tracking says will be deliverd on 20th Nov Cool