+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Workers Travel due to Covid-19 Situation

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Dear all,

I want to know if PGWP holders who are currently in India or abroad considered as temporary foreign workers and can travel to Canada due to Covid-19 situation.

Please suggest....

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but as a PGWP is an open work permit then for me seems would be one of the exemptions. However having said that you should wait for IRCC to publish their complete exemption guidance sometime this week. Of course finding a flight will be a challenge and also how India decides to react in the next month or so with both stay at home restrictions and international/domestic travel restrictions both to/from India and any transits

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Ashwin#

Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys I have my ticket on April 15. I am going as an international student I got my visa in first week of February. My college said they will inform me as the think folds on. What should I do.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys I have my ticket on April 15. I am going as an international student I got my visa in first week of February. My college said they will inform me as the think folds on. What should I do.
Well as far as travel is concerned you should keep an eye out for the specific travel exemption guidance promised to be published this week .

Colleges are currenty closed so there is a chance May starts will be defferred so keep some proactive contact with your college given although they may say they will contact people they have thousands of students.

You may have a ticket for Apr 15th but airlines are continuously reviewing their schedules and cancelling flights where demand or country restrictions just make it impossible to offer a service.

Also keep in mind seems unlikely at time of writing that the 14 days self isolation for all new arrivals will be suspended any time soon so keep that in mind should you travel. Reality is that just not a good time to travel anywhere Canada included

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Ashwin#

Dec 12, 2019
Well as far as travel is concerned you should keep an eye out for the specific travel exemption guidance promised to be published this week .

Colleges are currenty closed so there is a chance May starts will be defferred so keep some proactive contact with your college given although they may say they will contact people they have thousands of students.

You may have a ticket for Apr 15th but airlines are continuously reviewing their schedules and cancelling flights where demand or country restrictions just make it impossible to offer a service.

Also keep in mind seems unlikely at time of writing that the 14 days self isolation for all new arrivals will be suspended any time soon so keep that in mind should you travel. Reality is that just not a good time to travel anywhere Canada included

Agreed to your point sir. But the current scenario that we are facing is that we have paid fees for college and have received visa prior to 18march and to top it all basically I guess there must be at least thousands of students in the same situation. College and university can't take this risk of let going there international student and as Canada as major intake from China and India, China is out of question I guess at least for may attempt and India is comparably having less cases and also in the exemption list given by IRCC they have given Indian origin. India being safe place to bang on for Canadian institute right now. As well they can't effort such a huge loss of students and if they put in another intake our postpone it, they will directly or indirectly be affecting September intake and the students from the same intake.
So I guess in few days they will announce good news but I think government should make it completely compulsory for college and university to provide with accommodation for starting 14 days for self isolation.
If thinks turn around in this way then it would be comparatively an easy immigration for us students.

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Just hoping. There will be a news this week for workers and the rest of the exempted travelers. Stay safe from Covid-19 situation

Reactions: Ashwin#

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Agreed to your point sir. But the current scenario that we are facing is that we have paid fees for college and have received visa prior to 18march and to top it all basically I guess there must be at least thousands of students in the same situation. College and university can't take this risk of let going there international student and as Canada as major intake from China and India, China is out of question I guess at least for may attempt and India is comparably having less cases and also in the exemption list given by IRCC they have given Indian origin. India being safe place to bang on for Canadian institute right now. As well they can't effort such a huge loss of students and if they put in another intake our postpone it, they will directly or indirectly be affecting September intake and the students from the same intake.
So I guess in few days they will announce good news but I think government should make it completely compulsory for college and university to provide with accommodation for starting 14 days for self isolation.
If thinks turn around in this way then it would be comparatively an easy immigration for us students.
I suggest you read the exemption a bit more carefully. The exemption is for Indians under the Indian Act. That refers to Native Americans and has ZERO to do with people from India. India is not considered a safe place and faces the same bans as every other country.

Of course the government isn't going to make it compulsory for schools to provide isolation accommodation. If you choose to come to Canada during a time of isolation, it is your responsibility to follow the rules.

Ashwin#

Dec 12, 2019
I suggest you read the exemption a bit more carefully. The exemption is for Indians under the Indian Act. That refers to Native Americans and has ZERO to do with people from India. India is not considered a safe place and faces the same bans as every other country.

Of course the government isn't going to make it compulsory for schools to provide isolation accommodation. If you choose to come to Canada during a time of isolation, it is your responsibility to follow the rules.
Now that's like a pro answer thanks so much sir I was so confused with this situation and also well answered with details. I would be still be patient and wait until April second week and decide. If situation get worse my flight will get cancelled itself or else I shall take a risk as my friends going for the same intake are also willing to go they all have there flight in third week of April so I guess it is best to wait.