+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worker visa expires in 4 months, can I travel outside of Canada and re-enter

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi All,

I am in Canada on PGWP which is valid till September 2019. I have applied for PR and I am planning a trip back to India in April and will be returning in May, at that point my PR would still be under processing and my work-permit and the visa would be valid for 4 months. Is it safe to assume that I will be allowed back in to Canada since I would have a valid visa?
I plan to apply for BOWP (Bridging open work permit) when I get back.
Is there a minimum validity on my work visa that is required for me to enter Canada back again? Would I be enquired by the border-officer about why am I traveling so close to my visa expiry date?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I am in Canada on PGWP which is valid till September 2019. I have applied for PR and I am planning a trip back to India in April and will be returning in May, at that point my PR would still be under processing and my work-permit and the visa would be valid for 4 months. Is it safe to assume that I will be allowed back in to Canada since I would have a valid visa?
I plan to apply for BOWP (Bridging open work permit) when I get back.
Is there a minimum validity on my work visa that is required for me to enter Canada back again? Would I be enquired by the border-officer about why am I traveling so close to my visa expiry date?
Hi

You are fine to travel.

Reactions: lazycrazyboon

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi

You are fine to travel.
Thank you! I have read the documentation in several places and it all it says is that I must have a valid visa and a permit (if needed) to enter Canada, nowhere does it state a validity period. I am just paranoid so wanted to double-check with the community here, thanks for responding!