+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worker Status Restoration - Processing Times?

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hello All,

I submitted an online application for status restoration and new work permit on May 10th 2012. Assume a lot members have gone through this process (thanks to super long LMO processing times and associated WP rejections!). CIC tells me they have started processing my application on 22nd June 2012. Do applications involving status restoration take longer to process than a simple work permit applications? Would that be a terribly long wait? Please can someone advise based on experience?

My employer seems to be running out of patience! In the event of me having to leave the country while the restoration is in process, would it leave a negative mark on my CIC files? I have filed for PR under CEC in April 2012 and getting worried if this is going to meddle with my PR process as well! :(

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
If you look on the CIC website it gives you the current processing times, if you applied online for the visa the last time I looked it was taking 32 days to process.

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Also from what I was told by a CIC officer, as we will be in the same sitaution once the LMO is approved, if you application is in for a visa with the LMO even if your are applying for restoration, you then have an additional 2 months from when you submitted your new visa application so if that takes you past the 90 days from when your original visa was refused then that is fine.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks scaryclare! I got my LMO approved and its now linked to the online application. The CIC website says processing will take up to 37 calendar days (which I'm well past already). However, the CIC Helpdesk employee I spoke to today said restoration may take up to 3 months to process which is sort of scaring me! I thought it will be quicker now that I have my LMO approved but we never know with CIC...

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Oh me that has now scared me too, 3 months for restoration! Did they say if you are allowed to stay in the country until your visa is either approved or declined?

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Oops, did not mean to spread fear around!

They said I could wait here in Canada for an update. I believe a lot of folks have got restorations done quite quick so am hoping the 3 months thing was just something they have on paper, in case they do extra reviews or so on your application. Hoping to get some time-frame from the folks on this forum who had undergone status restoration earlier.

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Yes I suppose it's extra time in case they have to do extra checks probably to make sure that you have not kept working, it's just scary when we have all been waiting way too long for the LMO in the first place which has then had a knock on effect with everything else, I am so worried as we only have 5 1/2 weeks left of our 90 days and we are still waiting on our LMO approval, could you give me a time line of how long your LMO took and are you in Alerta or another province? Thanks

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
My LMO was processed in Ontario - submitted Feb 10th, positive LMO issued April 30th (just a week after WP rejection, as it crossed 60 days waiting period)...I hear LMO processing is getting faster now owing to process improvements in SC. I think you'll be ok. Good luck to you!

I submitted WP/Restoration application on May 10th (just in time for 90 days cut-off!). It is "In Review" now and I hope I'd hear something soon or else I might lose the job at hand!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Good luck to you too, my husband has 2 LMOs waiting one was applied for at the end of March for his current employer who had lied to us as we kept asking how the LMO application was getting on as as our visas were due to expire on the 4 April 2012 and we started asking them in the January, they kept telling us it was "in hand" until we our immigration lawyer put pressure on them, then they owned up to say they had not started it which was just at the time when Job Bank was down so they were unable to get the job advertised!!!! That application still has not been allocated a file number and another for a new employer, as obviously we have no faith in his current employer and luckily my husband has managed to have been offered another job, as they have really left us in a mess, was submitted on 30 May and was allocated a file number on the 20 June. So we are sitting here waiting always scouring the internet looking for any news from others on their processing times. But its forums like this that help to gain information and realise there are many others out there in the same position.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hello,

Wonder if someone can shed some light on processing times for Worker Status Restoration based on recent experience? Any help, much appreciated!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing time = processing time of normal work permit + 8 weeks for restoration
Applied for restoration 31May2011
Status Restored and WP issued 17Sept2011

In my case as per CIC CC - restoration is done by a separate department, and restoration process starts from the date the application (work permit and restoration of status) is processed by CIC (Vegreville).

Mark08

Jul 5, 2012
I applied for temporary work permit and submitted my complete package on April 11,2012 with demand drop Php 6,450.00, However, I have not received any feedback even after 10 weeks (whereas they say a time frame of 8 weeks). I have not received an AOR and confirmation on the receipt of my documents. My LMO had expired already only this month of July 2012.Please help I need an answer I am getting worried.

Hoping you take an action on this matter ASAP!

juanmiguel

Jul 4, 2012
Mark08 said:
I applied for temporary work permit and submitted my complete package on April 11,2012 with demand drop Php 6,450.00, However, I have not received any feedback even after 10 weeks (whereas they say a time frame of 8 weeks). I have not received an AOR and confirmation on the receipt of my documents. My LMO had expired already only this month of July 2012.Please help I need an answer I am getting worried.

Hoping you take an action on this matter ASAP!
as in wala pang dumating na response from CEM? paano mo ba sinubmit? direct hire ka?