+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worker Express Program from India - ICT

kdmvarun

Dec 29, 2014
Hi Friends,

I have applied for Temporary Work Permit and Resident visa under worker express program from the Newdelhi VFS. I am being transferred from an Indian branch to a Canadian branch
Applied on : 2014-12-17
Medicals : 2014-11-29 (Upfront)

Anyone else on similar lines ?

I was told that since it is under WEP, the processing time is really fast.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hi ,
Is it ICT ? Even my spouse has applied for same from India , New Delhi Consulate , her organisation has submitted medicals along with other other docs .

Any idea how is ICT approval success rate and how long is it take for processing?

Thanks

kdmvarun

Dec 29, 2014
From the internet, I understood success rate is 94%, but of late, I see posts here in the forum that the ICT visa was refused.
I am still waiting, the Christmas and New Year vacation didn't help. I was told 4 weeks was the processing time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

kdmvarun

Dec 29, 2014
From the vfs tracking site, I see that my status has changed to Passport despatched. Hopefully, I will know the result in a day or two.
Similar is the status for my wife who applied for an open work permit along with my application.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
kdmvarun said:
From the vfs tracking site, I see that my status has changed to Passport despatched. Hopefully, I will know the result in a day or two.
Similar is the status for my wife who applied for an open work permit along with my application.
We have same situation but you are very lucky. My husband is also under international mobility program. He will be transfer from Singapore site to Canada in Montreal site. He applied temporary working visa along with my OWP last Aug 17, 2014 and it was refused last 05 Oct 2014 because they are requiring LMIA which should be exempted for his case. IT was really frustrating since the employer expecting us to be there by Nov 2014. Then the employer applied for LMIA which was approved last 04 Dec 2014. We re-apply again for work permit last 16 Dec 2014 and the status is still OPEN...

kdmvarun

Dec 29, 2014
Yipeeeee, myself and my wife received our temp work permits. Below are our timeline, I guess xmas and new year vacation delayed it by a week.
Total time taken is slightly less than 4 weeks. Not at all bad !

Applied on : 2014-12-16
Visa Approved : 2015-01-09
Passport received in hand : 2015-01-13

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
kdmvarun said:
Yipeeeee, myself and my wife received our temp work permits. Below are our timeline, I guess xmas and new year vacation delayed it by a week.
Total time taken is slightly less than 4 weeks. Not at all bad !

Applied on : 2014-12-16
Visa Approved : 2015-01-09
Passport received in hand : 2015-01-13
Congrats!!! You are very lucky indeed.
Do you mind to share your NOC?
Also pls advise the docs you attached in your application? Also your wife's docs. Thanks.

Hope we have same results as you have but we are waiting for 1 month now but still no update. :(

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
kdmvarun said:
Landed on 27 jan 2015.
Noc is 2133. Wish u all the best.
congrats! we are still waiting :( still no updates.
Did u applied online or thru paper application?

ankit_vkumar

Feb 12, 2015
Dear kdmvarun Sir,

Firstly congratulations on getting your ICT Visa and on your arrival to Canada. Wish you continued success ahead!

I wanted to check with you the category under which you applied for ICT. As per the CIC website, there are following 3 qualifying positions for ICT:

1. Executive
2. Functional Manager
3. Specialized Knowledge

I'm working with an MNC for past 10 years, who is applying for my ICT to work on client site in Canada as a Project Manager. The closest NOC code is 0122. My company is telling me that there is only a single category in which ICT visas are processed and that is Specialized Knowledge. I'm quite tensed about this entire process and uncertainty of the outcome, and hence want to be very sure that I make a strong case for my ICT.

I hold advanced level expertise in the domain in which I'll be working, and possess proprietary knowledge of my company's business processes and frameworks, however my US L1B Visa got declined as USCIS wasnt able to establish my specialized knowledge (It was filed as individual petition, on which we received RFE - Request for Evidence, but eventually got denied.

Look forward to your valuable inputs. Appreciate the time & help.

Regards,
Ankit

ankit_vkumar

Feb 12, 2015
@kdmVarun - Sir, thanks for your reply. Could you please advice me on the information/evidence that can be included to make my case stronger, or share examples of statements which can be used. I have been doing extensive research online, and came across following evidences, which I'll be including as suppporting documentation.

•Evidence of increased sales, decreased costs, or other tangible benefit attributable to the foreign national's specialized knowledge.
•Letters from former employers confirming foreign national's progressive accumulation of the Specialized Knowledge.
•Evidence of the foreign national's education and training in the area of such knowledge in the industry.
•Evidence that the foreign national is a member of a professional association in the area of Specialized Knowledge.

Actually, my company had asked me to fill out pre-set questionnaires designed by the immigration lawyers appointed, so I'm putting together an additional pdf document with references to previous projects done resulting in signficant impact for the client and my company etc.

Appreciate any other advice you may have to offer. Thanks for your time & help.

Regards,
Ankit