Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Hello! A bit of background information on me:

I've been in Canada since 2015. I completed a 2 year IEC permit, went back to school for a 1 year post-grad diploma and have been working on my 1 year PGWP for the last few months.

I'm getting all the documents together for my CEC application and I thought things were going smoothly...however, it appears that I completed 2 weeks of unauthorised work between finishing my co-op and applying for my PGWP. I didn't realise that I could only work for 20 hrs after classes were completed as I finished my Co-Op early and had been working for 40 hrs in that role.

I don't have a copy of my PGWP application any more, but as I created my PGWP application before I started working and then submitted as soon as I received my confirmation of graduation, it's a fair assumption to say that I missed these 2 weeks of work off my application.

Now I'm applying for CEC - how much will these 2 weeks mess things up? I've never breached any immigration requirements before and only worked 20 hrs per week while I was in school. I'm working in the same job since I applied for my PGWP and don't need the points to qualify for CEC, so I'm going to leave that in my 'personal history', but I feel that I should bring this error to the attention of the immigration officers in a LOE.

Can anyone give me any advice/insight as to how this may impact my PR application? I know that I should have checked my application more thoroughly, but it was only 2 weeks of unauthorised work over a period of 4 years, and I'm really hoping that an immigration officer will be kind enough to overlook this.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Rxm169

May 2, 2019
I have the exact same situation, worked for two weeks prior to applying for PGWP (my application is still in progress-applied 3rd May). As I’m working as an Independent contractor , I charged part time hours for those 2 weeks even though I worked full time so that my pay stub shows part time hours. Hope this won’t affect my PGWP application.

Sohal Sahota

Sep 1, 2017
I have the exact same situation, worked for two weeks prior to applying for PGWP (my application is still in progress-applied 3rd May). As I’m working as an Independent contractor , I charged part time hours for those 2 weeks even though I worked full time so that my pay stub shows part time hours. Hope this won’t affect my PGWP application.
Did you got the pgwp?

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hello! A bit of background information on me:

I've been in Canada since 2015. I completed a 2 year IEC permit, went back to school for a 1 year post-grad diploma and have been working on my 1 year PGWP for the last few months.

I'm getting all the documents together for my CEC application and I thought things were going smoothly...however, it appears that I completed 2 weeks of unauthorised work between finishing my co-op and applying for my PGWP. I didn't realise that I could only work for 20 hrs after classes were completed as I finished my Co-Op early and had been working for 40 hrs in that role.

I don't have a copy of my PGWP application any more, but as I created my PGWP application before I started working and then submitted as soon as I received my confirmation of graduation, it's a fair assumption to say that I missed these 2 weeks of work off my application.

Now I'm applying for CEC - how much will these 2 weeks mess things up? I've never breached any immigration requirements before and only worked 20 hrs per week while I was in school. I'm working in the same job since I applied for my PGWP and don't need the points to qualify for CEC, so I'm going to leave that in my 'personal history', but I feel that I should bring this error to the attention of the immigration officers in a LOE.

Can anyone give me any advice/insight as to how this may impact my PR application? I know that I should have checked my application more thoroughly, but it was only 2 weeks of unauthorised work over a period of 4 years, and I'm really hoping that an immigration officer will be kind enough to overlook this.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
HI, did you get your PR? Hope you can update.

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
As long as it is a relatively small infraction and you’re honest and upfront about your error people are usually see no consequences.

I've same issue,

I've started my work on 10th may 2018, and
I got my graduation letter on May 27th 2018, and
I applied work permit on May 28th 2018.

I've worked 2 weeks for full time before applying for PG because i'd my NOC B job on my hand before graduation. If i didn't accept then i would be my loss.

I'm filing my CEC application now , I hope it wouldn't create any issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've same issue,

I've started my work on 10th may 2018, and
I got my graduation letter on May 27th 2018, and
I applied work permit on May 28th 2018.

I've worked 2 weeks for full time before applying for PG because i'd my NOC B job on my hand before graduation. If i didn't accept then i would be my loss.

I'm filing my CEC application now , I hope it wouldn't create any issue.
Be honest and admit your error and ask for forgiveness. That is the best approach and the more successful approach based on what we’ve seen.

Reactions: vik2595

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
Be honest and admit your error and ask for forgiveness. That is the best approach and the more successful approach based on what we’ve seen.
So that mean , should i provide any explanation letter for this ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So that mean , should i provide any explanation letter for this ?
You should essentially include a letter explaining that you Incorrectly assumed you could work and apologize that you broke the rules. Always best to be upfront. It is easy for the case officer to see that you worked when you shouldn’t have.

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
You should essentially include a letter explaining that you Incorrectly assumed you could work and apologize that you broke the rules. Always best to be upfront. It is easy for the case officer to see that you worked when you shouldn’t have.
Sure, I guess that would be best option.
Other than everything is perfect in my application. But those 2 weeks are pain. I hope i wouldn't create any big issue.

Placeboeffect

Oct 25, 2020
Sure, I guess that would be best option.
Other than everything is perfect in my application. But those 2 weeks are pain. I hope i wouldn't create any big issue.
Hello I'm on the same boat as you, worked 2 weeks before my PGWP. Just wanna follow up, did you write a letter of explanation about those 2 weeks? And did it turn out okay for you? Really appreciate if you can share your experience. I'm pretty nervous about my application right now

PatrickT

Aug 27, 2020
Guys for this matter you should definitely seek for the answer from an immigration lawyer. You send your whole life for the PR, don't let this messed up.