+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work_Permit_At_Entry

ReemaSingh

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Dear All,

In my correspondence letter from CIC it has been mentioned that in order to get the work permit I need to show this letter to the officer. Could anyone please tell me what is the procedure for getting a work permit from the border services officer? Also how much time it will take to issue the work permit? And Do I need to show my original documents or the photocopies will work?

I would highly appreciate if anyone shares their experience.

Many Thanks,
Reema,

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
ReemaSingh said:
Dear All,

In my correspondence letter from CIC it has been mentioned that in order to get the work permit I need to show this letter to the officer. Could anyone please tell me what is the procedure for getting a work permit from the border services officer? Also how much time it will take to issue the work permit? And Do I need to show my original documents or the photocopies will work?

I would highly appreciate if anyone shares their experience.

Many Thanks,
Reema,
Once u done with your immigration at airport they gonna send u in a office, where they gonna issue you work permit. Have your paper( letter, passport, other job related stuff) handy they might ask you. This thing hardly take 10-15 mins.

ReemaSingh

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
@myrapiku: - Yes, I got my passport back with visa stamped on it. I also got a letter along with my passport and one correspondence letter in my CIC online application account message. In the letter, it has been mentioned that I need to show this letter to the border service officer to get my actual work permit.