Nomination.....
Sponsor approval (SA) : 10-31-2014
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Meant to be transferred to Sydney, stayed in Mississauga
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
So I know I cannot work on implied status but is it true I can apply for an OWP with my PR app and If stage one sponsor approval is granted during the PR process (which is roughly 10 months estimate? ) then they will issue me an OWP and once I receive it I can then legally work? Although I think the outland process for sydney office will still be a quicker option than waiting for sponsor approval through inland

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Inland: Takes longer (in general) and you can apply for OWP at the same time.
Outland: Usually shorter but can not apply for OWP. You'll have to wait until you are PR to work.

As I mentioned previously, a lot of people on the Sydney VO thread who have applied Outland completed the whole process from submitting an application to landing in around 100 days.

Annaj said:
So I know I cannot work on implied status but is it true I can apply for an OWP with my PR app and If stage one sponsor approval is granted during the PR process (which is roughly 10 months estimate? ) then they will issue me an OWP and once I receive it I can then legally work? Although I think the outland process for sydney office will still be a quicker option than waiting for sponsor approval through inland

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Annaj said:
Sydney is consistently one of the fastest office out there. Even a few years ago, they were smashing through most apps in less than 6 months, just like now.

Apply inland and get an OWP after about 10 months, with another possible 8 months to become a PR.

Or apply outland and most likely become a PR in about 7 months or less.

Annaj

May 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval (SA) : 10-31-2014
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Meant to be transferred to Sydney, stayed in Mississauga
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
Ok thanks for the help. It's good to feel some re-assurance from others for my choices. We set up a meeting a while ago with an immigration lawyer for tomorrow, but I really feel like it will be a waste of time and chances are I may even know more than her! But I feel like I can't really back out of it now and she's traveling 2 hours to make it.

So just a question about the medical with a panel physician, what happens with this, I do the medical and then they give me some kind of report of results to include with my application? Or we just have to show proof we completed the medical (an invoice?) and send the proof with the application? If we need to send in results, do they take a long time to come in?

So far I think the longest thing I will have to wait for before sending off my app is my husband to do his taxes so I can get an Option C printout.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Annaj said:
So just a question about the medical with a panel physician, what happens with this, I do the medical and then they give me some kind of report of results to include with my application? Or we just have to show proof we completed the medical (an invoice?) and send the proof with the application? If we need to send in results, do they take a long time to come in?
The Panel Physician sends the results directly to CIC. They will give you a receipt to include in your application.