+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa refusal

Mar 19, 2019
You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in
Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a result, your offer of
employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be
issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin
this process.

Hi i got this note on my visa refugee letter, could you please help me what would be the exact reason and how could i correct, and is this problem from my side or employer, because attorney said that my documents are clear enough to give support.

Mikeprat

Mar 18, 2019
You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in
Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a result, your offer of
employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be
issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin
this process.

Hi i got this note on my visa refugee letter, could you please help me what would be the exact reason and how could i correct, and is this problem from my side or employer, because attorney said that my documents are clear enough to give support.
Even i got the same bro; not sure what they mean. tried talking with lawyer lets see

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.
• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions of R205(a) – C12 because the wage being offered does not meet the mandatory wage floor for the specific occupation and region of work.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Van1234

Oct 15, 2019
Even i got the same bro; not sure what they mean. tried talking with lawyer lets see

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.
• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions of R205(a) – C12 because the wage being offered does not meet the mandatory wage floor for the specific occupation and region of work.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Did you get to hear from
Your lawyer ? What’s the update

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Hi Midhuna,
Do you have any update on your status? Have you re-applied for VISA ? or any action you have taken or planning to take?
My visa request has also been refused for same 2nd reason what you have received
Hello.. my husband got refused based upon the same reason but he had applied for open work permit category and he did not apply under LMIA program as well. Can you please help me how I can resolve this issue

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad

Hello.. my husband got refused due to the same reason although be applied for open work permit and not under LMIA. Can you please help me resolve this issue

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello.. my husband got refused due to the same reason although be applied for open work permit and not under LMIA. Can you please help me resolve this issue
what were the reasons listed? What NOC? How is your husband eligible for an open work permit?

Somya1103

Aug 9, 2022
  • You have not provided satisfactory documentation to show that your knowledge is highly specialized or more advanced that any others using the same tools and therefore do not meet the requirements for a C12 Intra Company Transferee work permit – R205(a)
I have received the above reasons for refusal of ICT. The employer says its general refusal whenever officer is not convinced with the information provided with regard to ICT specialized knowledge. Each application is being assessed based on the specialized knowledge pertaining to company’s proprietary tools, technologies and its application at onsite by employee. Also it will be assessed on the basis of that how employee has used such tools in various projects in past. Please note that all applications are subjective and officer can refuse application based on his discretion.

My friend had a similiar application and her VISA got through then why not mine, Can anyone help ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
  • You have not provided satisfactory documentation to show that your knowledge is highly specialized or more advanced that any others using the same tools and therefore do not meet the requirements for a C12 Intra Company Transferee work permit – R205(a)
I have received the above reasons for refusal of ICT. The employer says its general refusal whenever officer is not convinced with the information provided with regard to ICT specialized knowledge. Each application is being assessed based on the specialized knowledge pertaining to company’s proprietary tools, technologies and its application at onsite by employee. Also it will be assessed on the basis of that how employee has used such tools in various projects in past. Please note that all applications are subjective and officer can refuse application based on his discretion.

My friend had a similiar application and her VISA got through then why not mine, Can anyone help ?
Posting on a thread from 2018. Already answered in another thread. Your employer needs to contact EDSDC.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visa-refused-for-ict-for-an-it-comapny.774676/

shankar7

Sep 7, 2022
Hi,

I have recently applied for ICT WP and got rejected with below reason. Please share the tips if you have any on how to resolve this issue while reapplying?
"• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.
• You have not provided satisfactory documentation to show that your knowledge is highly specialized or more advanced that any others using the same tools and therefore do not meet the requirements for a C12 Intra Company Transferee work permit – R205(a)."

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have recently applied for ICT WP and got rejected with below reason. Please share the tips if you have any on how to resolve this issue while reapplying?
"• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.
• You have not provided satisfactory documentation to show that your knowledge is highly specialized or more advanced that any others using the same tools and therefore do not meet the requirements for a C12 Intra Company Transferee work permit – R205(a)."

Thanks in advance.
As advised, your employer needs to talk to EDSDC to find out why their LMIA exemption employer code wasn’t accepted in your application. Seems like IRCC doesn’t believe the job meets C12.

tejaswisriram

Mar 1, 2023
Hi All,

My visa got rejected twice for below reason: can anyone help
You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in
Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of
issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of
Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process