+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa for another country while EE is in process?

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and had submitted my EE application in mid December. I am currently awaiting IRCC's response on my application. The current status is that they are reviewing my application to see if I meet their eligibility requirements.

Description of a possible issue: My current employer wants me to go to Bahrain for at least 6 months to work on a project and I may be required to go within this month. My employer has already applied for my Bahrain Visa which is expected to arrive within a week (all medicals and other procedures are complete).
I have two questions regarding this situation:

1) Do I need to update IRCC regarding the fact that my employer has applied for my Bahrain work visa?

2) Although I plan to update my application as soon as I get a residence address in Bahrain, consider the scenario that I get the passport request from IRCC within a week of me arriving in Bahrain. In such a case, is there any possibility for me to submit my passport while I am in Bahrain?

I would appreciate any information or advise regarding this situation.
Thanks!

P.S. - I would like to take this opportunity to say that the support I have received from this community has been amazing and I would like to thank all of you for supporting me throughout my application.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and had submitted my EE application in mid December. I am currently awaiting IRCC's response on my application. The current status is that they are reviewing my application to see if I meet their eligibility requirements.

Description of a possible issue: My current employer wants me to go to Bahrain for at least 6 months to work on a project and I may be required to go within this month. My employer has already applied for my Bahrain Visa which is expected to arrive within a week (all medicals and other procedures are complete).
I have two questions regarding this situation:

1) Do I need to update IRCC regarding the fact that my employer has applied for my Bahrain work visa?

2) Although I plan to update my application as soon as I get a residence address in Bahrain, consider the scenario that I get the passport request from IRCC within a week of me arriving in Bahrain. In such a case, is there any possibility for me to submit my passport while I am in Bahrain?

I would appreciate any information or advise regarding this situation.
Thanks!

P.S. - I would like to take this opportunity to say that the support I have received from this community has been amazing and I would like to thank all of you for supporting me throughout my application.
Hi,

1- No you don't.
2 - You can write to them after PPR and inform them of the fact that you are now in Bahrain, or alternatively, send your passports to the Indian office from Barain. To me, this is better and easier.

regards

Reactions: gunchetan

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

1- No you don't.
2 - You can write to them after PPR and inform them of the fact that you are now in Bahrain, or alternatively, send your passports to the Indian office from Barain. To me, this is better and easier.

regards
Thank you very much!
Regarding point 2, I did not realize I could courier my passport to VAC from another country, I thought I had to go in person which would have created a host of issues.
Thanks again for your response - it has cleared my doubts :) !

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you very much!
Regarding point 2, I did not realize I could courier my passport to VAC from another country, I thought I had to go in person which would have created a host of issues.
Thanks again for your response - it has cleared my doubts :) !
No, you don't need to go in person. In fact most countries, like mine, don't have a LVO, so we courier to the nearest LVO.

Regards

Reactions: gunchetan