+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa and arrival

Verte

Dec 25, 2014
Any advice would be appreciated.
I have received my LIMA letter from my employer and am about to submit a completed application for visas in NZ. We talking about 2 work visas and 1 student visa (wife - open work permit and son - student as primary school age). Question is when do I book my flights as I don;t want to book and then find I can't make the flights etc? How long does it take for these visas to come through as vFs says 6-8 weeks and CIC website says 3 months.

Lastly, is it possible to leave earlier and arrive in Canada earlier and then wait for work visa to come through? If so what do I need to do? Do I need a another visa if I do this? Do I need to leave canada and arrive again? Destination is Vancouver if that helps. I'm also worried that I need a stack of money on arrival to show I have proof of funds?

Kind Regards

nekon

Nov 9, 2013
Hey there,
Book flights if you have the documents(nobody knows the exact or definite day/s for your application approval).

Verte

Dec 25, 2014
Thank you for answering. I guess you are saying to book flights only when I have the completed work and student visas and not to beforehand? you can't land as a visitor and then reenter at the nearby port of entry e.g. border with the US?