Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hey,
I have a work term visa that is valid until the expiry of my student visa. The work term has finished but the employer extended my work. Can I use my work term visa to work fulltime? I have enrolled as a full-time student but I am not taking any courses as I have finished my course and have some corrections in my project report. Can anyone comment on this?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No you can't, a coop permit is for coop related work only.
Since you are still a student you can work 20 hours/week.
Once you complete your studies you can work 20/week until you get confirmation of graduation, then you need to stop working.
If you apply for pgwp before your sp expires you can work full time as soon as you make a valid application.

Reactions: scylla

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey,
I have a work term visa that is valid until the expiry of my student visa. The work term has finished but the employer extended my work. Can I use my work term visa to work fulltime? I have enrolled as a full-time student but I am not taking any courses as I have finished my course and have some corrections in my project report. Can anyone comment on this?
No, you can't use your co-op work permit to work full-time. As you have finished your course, you can work 20 hours/week. Once you receive confirmation of program completion, you either have to stop working or apply for a PGWP.