+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work status about to expire

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I am on PGWP and it’s expiring on Jan 15, 2024. I am currently waiting on nomination letter from Ontario that can take around 3 months from now. My understanding is that after I receive my nomination, i will have to wait until I receive ITA and submit my application after which i will receive the AOR (not sure how long it will take). Once i have AOR then i can apply for BOWP. Is my understanding correct?
I am really stressed on how i can keep my worker status legal past my PGWP expiry. Can anyone please guide me?

Thank you

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello experts

I am on PGWP and it’s expiring on Jan 15, 2024. I am currently waiting on nomination letter from Ontario that can take around 3 months from now. My understanding is that after I receive my nomination, i will have to wait until I receive ITA and submit my application after which i will receive the AOR (not sure how long it will take). Once i have AOR then i can apply for BOWP. Is my understanding correct?Yes
AOR Is instant for Express Applications
Non Express can take a few months

I am really stressed on how i can keep my worker status legal past my PGWP expiry. Can anyone please guide me? once nominated, you can ask province for Work permit support letter and apply BOWP - Need not wait for AOR

Many people also apply BOWP without ITA and since it takes 5-6 months , one applies WP and then updates the application using webform about ITA/AOR

Thank you

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Thanks for your reply
Do i ask province for work permit support letter after getting nominated? How long will it take for them to send me that?

“Many people also apply BOWP without ITA and since it takes 5-6 months , one applies WP and then updates the application using webform about ITA/AOR” - is it not misleading?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for your reply
Do i ask province for work permit support letter after getting nominated? How long will it take for them to send me that? Yes and it can take up to 2 months
Province usually expects you to reach out to them at least 3 months before expiry

“Many people also apply BOWP without ITA and since it takes 5-6 months , one applies WP and then updates the application using webform about ITA/AOR” - is it not misleading? It is a very common practice

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Since i have just submitted my OINP profile after receiving the NOI from Ontario, can i ask them to send me the support letter now or do i have to wait until i receive the nomination and only then i can ask for support letter?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Since i have just submitted my OINP profile after receiving the NOI from Ontario, can i ask them to send me the support letter now or do i have to wait until i receive the nomination and only then i can ask for support letter?
Based on when WP is set to expire, you can try asking

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you. is there any other way to renew the work permit other than AOR or work permit support letter?
If you switch jobs and find LMIA based you can move to Closed Wp

However even that decision takes a few months

ps9033

Mar 16, 2024
Thank you. is there any other way to renew the work permit other than AOR or work permit support letter?
Hello, can you share more, what happened to your status? i have a similar situation. I got noi from Ontario. and my wp expires in june 2024.

Thank you.

Cin Sun

Mar 22, 2024
Hello experts

I am on PGWP and it’s expiring on Jan 15, 2024. I am currently waiting on nomination letter from Ontario that can take around 3 months from now. My understanding is that after I receive my nomination, i will have to wait until I receive ITA and submit my application after which i will receive the AOR (not sure how long it will take). Once i have AOR then i can apply for BOWP. Is my understanding correct?
I am really stressed on how i can keep my worker status legal past my PGWP expiry. Can anyone please guide me?

Thank you
Hi,

I'm in the same situation with you. My work permit will expire in late of this month, I've submitted my PR application in Feb 2024 and still waiting for AOR. How is your process right now? Are you applied BOWP without AOR and you got approved? Thanks!