+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work reference letter- NOTARIZATION ISSUE

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
The link which you referred me to says this -
4. Letter from Manager - If HR refuses to give you a letter, then ask your manager to issue you a letter on white paper (it should cover all the requisite points), along with a copy of his visiting card and company ID card and get the letter notarized. Submit it along with a Letter of Explanation (LOE).

In India notary is done on non-judicial stamp paper only a notary lawyer only could sign and attest it on a stamp paper.
I don't know from where you get those informations but they are totally wrong.
I gave a reference letter from my supervisor, not from the HR, and it was not notarized, everything went smoothly.
Stop scaring people.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I don't know from where you get those informations but they are totally wrong.
I gave a reference letter from my supervisor, not from the HR, and it was not notarized, everything went smoothly.
Stop scaring people.
I'm with you on this, notarization seems excessive, although a lot of people here do it.

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
I don't know why you got yours notarized. Very random comment.
Even i dint see any point in notarizing. But in the forum, several people got theirs notarized ( just to add one more level of authenticity) and IRCC accepted their application. So, i too did same and it worked.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I love how people think that getting something notarized means that it becomes a genuine document. A notary only attests to you signing something, not whether what you're signing is true or not. Amazing that people here have Master's degrees and PhDs but can't work that out.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay