15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hello all,

I am putting my documents together for EE. I was invited to apply, and I almost have everything on hand, and 4 days left to submit.
The principal applicant is me, I only specified my current job in Canada, and will provide pay stubs and a letter from it. My husband is included as my dependant, he is overseas and has no Canadian work experience. His jobs did not add us any points.
Now, to my issue. He is a private enterpreneur who picks up contracts with various agencies. It would be impossible for us to gather reference letters from all his workplaces in this short time frame. While we provided his various agencies of employment on our work permit application, we just put "self-employed" on EE application. Would this be a problem with IRCC?

druzhynin

Oct 3, 2018
Kyiv, Ukraine
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'm dependant, my wife is a main applicant. We moved my work experience after ITA to personal history and there were no probs with it. Now we are on FSW-O IP2 stage so you shouldn't worry :)

Reactions: MarsiaMS

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello all,

I am putting my documents together for EE. I was invited to apply, and I almost have everything on hand, and 4 days left to submit.
The principal applicant is me, I only specified my current job in Canada, and will provide pay stubs and a letter from it. My husband is included as my dependant, he is overseas and has no Canadian work experience. His jobs did not add us any points.
Now, to my issue. He is a private enterpreneur who picks up contracts with various agencies. It would be impossible for us to gather reference letters from all his workplaces in this short time frame. While we provided his various agencies of employment on our work permit application, we just put "self-employed" on EE application. Would this be a problem with IRCC?
You don't have to get reference letters for him as you don't get any points for his outside of Canada work experience. This shouldn't be under work experience for him but rather under personal history and all should go well.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
You're welcome. Soon you'll be in Canada and all will be good :).
Thanks! I am in Canada already, have been for 8 years. I have a PNP PR application that CIC obviously forgot about, so now I am reapplying.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello all,

Indeed like @EE456 said, spouse foreign work experience doesn't get you any points at all. Just put his experience in personal history, and you won't be requested for work letters for him. Common practice. Good luck!

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Indeed like @EE456 said, spouse foreign work experience doesn't get you any points at all. Just put his experience in personal history, and you won't be requested for work letters for him. Common practice. Good luck!
Thanks. Yes, there's no points added for his experience. I already submitted the application and put his certificate of private enterpreneurship in his work experience proof. I hope CIC will accept it.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks. Yes, there's no points added for his experience. I already submitted the application and put his certificate of private enterpreneurship in his work experience proof. I hope CIC will accept it.
Well there is no reason for them to refuse it because no points are claimed for that experience, and it's in personal history section, and not in work history.