App. Filed.......
7/10/2015
AOR Received.
27-11-2015
File Transfer...
08/12/15
Med's Done....
Upfront
I am wanting to know more about how to get DH a work permit. We will be applying Outland soon for him , he is still in NY and I live here in CA. I dont understand much about work permits, would we be able to get him one while we undergo the process of applying for his PR? How do we do it, he does have a company interested in his IT skills locally so if would be a plus if we can get him here working as the seperation is hard on both of us. I have tried to figure it out but I am just confused due to some minor brain injury that makes some things not so easy for me, i cant figure out the info in a way that makes sense!Thank you flr all the help you have given me in the past and hopefully future!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His best option would be for the company that is interested in him, to complete the LMO process (now referred to as LMIA, I believe) to get him working legally in Canada.

Since you will be applying for his PR with an Outland application, he is not eligible for the Open Work permit (OWP) that Inland applicants are eligible for.