+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permits while awaiting COPR

Lyndagiffen

Jan 15, 2014
Hi all,
I am sponsoring my husband in the family class. We submitted in October 2014, received SA in december last year and are awaiting COPR.
Our application is being processed by Ottawa CPC - the spreadsheet indicates that Ottawa CPC is now beginning to process applications from October 2014, so we hope to hear soon, but so far no word.
My husband has luckily been offered a job in Canada through a company he has worked for previously - they want him to start in mid-June, but we are nervous about getting COPR before then. All indications suggest that we should be fine, but we would like some alternatives just in case.

Does anyone know what options are available to apply for a temporary work permit to give us some assurance that he can accept the job offered?

Thanks for any advice,
Regards,
Lynda

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lyndagiffen said:
Hi all,
I am sponsoring my husband in the family class. We submitted in October 2014, received SA in december last year and are awaiting COPR.
Our application is being processed by Ottawa CPC - the spreadsheet indicates that Ottawa CPC is now beginning to process applications from October 2014, so we hope to hear soon, but so far no word.
My husband has luckily been offered a job in Canada through a company he has worked for previously - they want him to start in mid-June, but we are nervous about getting COPR before then. All indications suggest that we should be fine, but we would like some alternatives just in case.

Does anyone know what options are available to apply for a temporary work permit to give us some assurance that he can accept the job offered?

Thanks for any advice,
Regards,
Lynda
The only option is for the employer to go through the LMIA process, which is costly and not an easy `sell', for someone that's so close to having CoPR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ponga said:
The only option is for the employer to go through the LMIA process, which is costly and not an easy `sell', for someone that's so close to having CoPR.
It also takes several months to get an LMIA. There's no way it will be available by mid-June.