+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permits expiring and PR in process

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I am on PGWP and my spouse on SOWP. I have applied for EE with spouse accompanying. Our work permits are expiring in 2 weeks. I am looking into options to keep our status legal and have few questions:

1. I am aware that i can apply for BOWP with the AOR but for my spouse i am not sure if i can extend her SOWP based on my EE AOR or BOWP AOR?
2. I am also considering applying for my spouse visit visa which i am not sure has good chances to be approved?
3. How long does after the permit expiry do we have to leave canada by?What if we stay for that period hoping to get PR by then without applying to renew status?

Thanks

Reactions: adamsanders

canadapr23

Jun 11, 2023
If you have valid visa then you can stay in canada but can not work if WP expired and not applied for extension.you can extend spouse open permit if you applied bridge open work permit

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
If you have valid visa then you can stay in canada but can not work if WP expired and not applied for extension.you can extend spouse open permit if you applied bridge open work permit
Both our visas end in 2 weeks. I was of the idea that we both (me as a primary applicant and my accompanied spouse as secondary applicant) can apply for BOWP with the AOR I received. Is it not the case?