Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Are you kidding me? Is that "manual" intended for us, the common users? I read everything I could before submitting my application, nothing every mentioned anything about it. I'm just saying, if that option was available to us, it would be nice of them to let us know.

Thanks for that, I can only assume if the official manual is telling you, today, that you can do it, then do it. Officially, then, it is out there. Even if they haven't updated it (precisely because they haven't updated it).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lellen said:
Thanks for that, I can only assume if the official manual is telling you, today, that you can do it, then do it. Officially, then, it is out there. Even if they haven't updated it (precisely because they haven't updated it).
The manual specifically says when a person submits an application for permanent residence to Vegreville. As inland PR apps no longer go to Vegreville, that particular passage is no longer applicable.

Until CIC officially confirms it or that manual is updated to say Mississauga, no one can actually know 100%.

My opinion is that people should continue to include the OWP app with their inland PR app. The key issue is Implied Status and for the few people with an extendable work permit close to expiring, the right to continue working on Implied Status. If CIC were to decide that those people never actually had Implied Status, given the ambiguity surrounding the issue, I doubt CIC would take any action against them.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
My opinion is that people should continue to include the OWP app with their inland PR app. The key issue is Implied Status and for the few people with an extendable work permit close to expiring, the right to continue working on Implied Status. If CIC were to decide that those people never actually had Implied Status, given the ambiguity surrounding the issue, I doubt CIC would take any action against them.
I agree 100%. It's what I've been trying to say all along.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lellen said:
I agree 100%. It's what I've been trying to say all along.
OK. You just need to be careful about how you say it; preface what you say so that people know that you are providing your opinion (or David Cohen's opinion), not fact from CIC.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
You just need to be careful about how you say it
ugh. sometimes I hate the internet.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
I am in a very similar situation except that my work permit has expired. me and my wife got married couple weeks ago and I was wondering if I can apply for a open work permit along with my pr application. if I cant apply for a open work permit can I work for a company that will provide me with an open lmo until I can apply for a work permit after the first stage of application is processed?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lellen said:
When I switched from PGWP to a closed permit with an LMO, I talked to several agents on the phone, they all replied the same thing and one even sent me some documents on my email about implied status, confirming that I did receive implied status from applying for the closed LMO (new work permit) before my PGWP expired. Even though you can't really "extend" a PGWP, you still get implied status. It's what they said I promise.
People who say otherwise, are most likely going by the anecdotal evidence of people who were on non-extendable work permits (like working holiday), applied inland with "implied" status, and then were informed by the VO that they were in fact working illegally and their app would be transferred to another office and delayed significantly. There was also an episode of the Border Security TV show, in which a CBSA officer said the same thing to a person trying to work on implied status.

There are a few threads on here of people sharing their experience of being "caught" when working on implied status with a non-extendable permit. Unfortunately nothing a CIC call centre agent would help in this situation.

omariewk1 said:
I am in a very similar situation except that my work permit has expired. me and my wife got married couple weeks ago and I was wondering if I can apply for a open work permit along with my pr application. if I cant apply for a open work permit can I work for a company that will provide me with an open lmo until I can apply for a work permit after the first stage of application is processed?
If your current work permit is already expired, there is nothing you can do. Did you change to visitor or some other status?

You can wait until AIP approval with inland app (so around 9 months) to work again, or you can look for an employer willing to go through LMO process (which will also take many months to arrange)

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
I know a company that have open lmo just want to know if I can work for that company that is willing to provide me with the open lmo until the first stage of my permanent resident application is processed