+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

I moved back to Canada ater being rejected the first time around for the Outland application.

I did the inland application and my wife is dying to work. I know it takes around 3-4 months to get the work permit however a potential employer said that she is able to hire if she were to get the bill saying the payment has been processed. All she need is the confirmation that the work permit is being processed. Is this actually possible or does she actually have to wait for a few months before actually getting to work?

Thank you in advance,

Rob

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I moved back to Canada ater being rejected the first time around for the Outland application.

I did the inland application and my wife is dying to work. I know it takes around 3-4 months to get the work permit however a potential employer said that she is able to hire if she were to get the bill saying the payment has been processed. All she need is the confirmation that the work permit is being processed. Is this actually possible or does she actually have to wait for a few months before actually getting to work?

Thank you in advance,

Rob
No way you get a SIN number... So no, unless she was on a work permit and she applied before it expired... I dont think she can.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance,

Rob
No - this is absolutely not true and what the employer is suggesting will be classified as working illegally. The OWP needs to be approved BEFORE she can start working.

Alternatively, if the employer can obtain an approved LMIA, the your wife can apply for a closed work permit tied to that employer. Once that work permit is approved, your wife can start working.

Alternatively, she needs to wait for the OWP to be approved. I believe that's taking closer to 6-8 months right now.