+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

Oct 1, 2021
Hi

I just want a work permit in Canada

If I travel over there with Visitors Visa is there any option to get a Work Permit

My age is 45yrs

Regards,
Dharmesh Bhatt

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I just want a work permit in Canada

If I travel over there with Visitors Visa is there any option to get a Work Permit

My age is 45yrs

Regards,
Dharmesh Bhatt
To qualify for a work permit, you first need to find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and that employer must then get an approved LMIA. Because the LMIA process is very long and expensive without guarantee of approval, it is generally extremely difficult to find employers who are willing to go through the process.

Coming to Canada on a visitor visa will not make it easier to get a work permit.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to add, if an employer gets a LMIA then you have to apply for a closed work permit. This takes many more months. So coming on a visitor visa doesn’t allow you to work or convert your permit to a work one.

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Good Morning All,

Please I would be glad if someone with similar experience can help me out

1. I have a job offer in Canada
2. My Employer has processed and received a positive LMIA
3. I have submitted my Work permit application.

Now the question I have are as follows:

a. Can I apply for an open work permit for my spouse and study permits for my kids (2) right now (Seeing as I don't know the status of my application yet)
OR Do I wait till get a positive response to my Work Permit Application?

b. Do I simply apply for a Tourist visa for them after i have gotten positive feedback on my Work Permit Application?

c. I'd really want to arrive in Canada with them.

Please anyone should please assist.

Samina786

Mar 22, 2021
I need Canada work permit I am disable my last degree Master Business Finance I am working as office Assistant since last 12 years on government organisations

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need Canada work permit I am disable my last degree Master Business Finance I am working as office Assistant since last 12 years on government organisations
Look at Express Entry - FSW rather than trying to find a job since you have a Masters. You need to do an education assessment for your Masters and take IELTS for language.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

gg271990

Dec 6, 2021
Hello good day to everyone, I need information on the TRV, I have a ICT work permit, can I apply for a spousal work permit for my wife ? Will she be able to work in Canada once the application is submitted ?
- What is an approximate time for spousal work permit to be processed, shall I apply from India or from Canada ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello good day to everyone, I need information on the TRV, I have a ICT work permit, can I apply for a spousal work permit for my wife ? Will she be able to work in Canada once the application is submitted ?
- What is an approximate time for spousal work permit to be processed, shall I apply from India or from Canada ?
Yes, she can apply for a work permit. If approved, she can work in Canada. She can't work until it is approved. Processing is probably over 30 weeks. Google - check processing times Canada - to check times. Does she have a visitor visa because you are asking about TRV?

gg271990

Dec 6, 2021
Thanks for the information. Yes she has the visitor visa which was applied from my company when ICT was raised for me, 30 weeks is a long time. What all options do I have so that she can also work

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the information. Yes she has the visitor visa which was applied from my company when ICT was raised for me, 30 weeks is a long time. What all options do I have so that she can also work
Apply when she comes to Canada. Wait for approval. It will take a few months.

gg271990

Dec 6, 2021
Apply when she comes to Canada. Wait for approval. It will take a few months.
Thanks. The issue here is, whether she leaves her company and apply for work permit in Canada, or can take a Leave without pay for a month or two so that if things don't work out at least job would be there back in India.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. The issue here is, whether she leaves her company and apply for work permit in Canada, or can take a Leave without pay for a month or two so that if things don't work out at least job would be there back in India.
That is up to the two of you to decide.

alidonkaka6

Dec 22, 2021
hi

you must apply for a closed work permit. This will take a long time. As a result, coming on a visiting visa prevents you from working or converting your permission to a work permit.