+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

feltaye

Dec 28, 2016
Hello Everyone

I've submitted my asylum in late January 2021. I've submitted medical tests in February and biometrics in March.

My question is:

- I've check the box for work permit within the asylum app form but obviously using this way my work permit will only be processed after the interview.

Is there any way to expedite the work permit by submitting a separate WP application for example?

culinary_student

Feb 10, 2019
I have a work permit that is going to expire soon and I am waiting for an eligibility interview too.

I really wonder if there is a way to do it.

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
anyone with experience about how to get work permit before eligibility interview ?
ME and other people around the forum have tried every possible way to have the work permit before the eligibility interview, but nothing worked. I think it depends where you applied from and the case officer who's working on your case.
(I'm still waiting too)

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I am waiting also. I don't even know how the gov expect us to survive without work permit any kind of income before the eligibility interview.

Lalina

Apr 20, 2021
anyone with experience about how to get work permit before eligibility interview ?
Just go ahead and apply for it online. I waited for months on end and nothing came. So I just went ahead and applied online and got it.

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Just go ahead and apply for it online. I waited for months on end and nothing came. So I just went ahead and applied online and got it.
How long does it take for you to get work permit after you applied online? Thank you so much! This just gives me hope!

feltaye

Dec 28, 2016

Are you sure you got it before interview?
If that is the case then fantastic
Thank you so much

hba152

Feb 12, 2021
Congrats.

I also applied last week and waiting for response from IRCC. Many people claimed their cases for refugee status from last year, no one could get open work permit. That's a very good news.

Have you paid the fees for open work permit?

Reactions: Lalina

hba152

Feb 12, 2021
ME and other people around the forum have tried every possible way to have the work permit before the eligibility interview, but nothing worked. I think it depends where you applied from and the case officer who's working on your case.
(I'm still waiting too)
Have you applied separately for open work permit? I mean filling a new application exclusively for an open work permit.

Lalina

Apr 20, 2021
Congrats.

I also applied last week and waiting for response from IRCC. Many people claimed their cases for refugee status from last year, no one could get open work permit. That's a very good news.

Have you paid the fees for open work permit?
It’s free

Reactions: hba152