+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

Robin0993

Apr 25, 2020
Hello
My work permit is going to expire and I am already in the pool with a score of 425 . I am so much worried . Please suggest me what should I do now ?
Regards

Apr 24, 2020
My husband L.M.I.A Work permit are going expire soon, but the company is in Layoff, what can happen? we are worried because we don't have any plans to go back to work. Does this interfere with the renewal of the contract/ work permit. Does anyone know about this situation, in the face of the current problem (covid 19)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband L.M.I.A Work permit are going expire soon, but the company is in Layoff, what can happen? we are worried because we don't have any plans to go back to work. Does this interfere with the renewal of the contract/ work permit. Does anyone know about this situation, in the face of the current problem (covid 19)
Have you applied for a WP extension? Have you informed CIC via webform that you have been laid off at the moment and are hoping to be reemployed by the same company.

Apr 24, 2020
Have you applied for a WP extension? Have you informed CIC via webform that you have been laid off at the moment and are hoping to be reemployed by the same company.
Yes. He applied E.I. in the website CRA (this month, April) as his company asked. But his work permit will be expire in June. We really don't know if this is possible or not. I didn't find something about that in the website.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. He applied E.I. in the website CRA (this month, April) as his company asked. But his work permit will be expire in June. We really don't know if this is possible or not. I didn't find something about that in the website.
You have to advise IRCC via webform that he has been laid off. CRA and IRCC are no5 linked.

Parto.h

Apr 2, 2020
Hi me and my husband have the same situation

but some one told me we cans apply for open work permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi me and my husband have the same situation

but some one told me we cans apply for open work permit
Open work permits are only available in limited situations and if you meet the open work permit criteria. On what basis do you qualify for an open work permit? Have you submitted a complete PR application which has been accepted and you have AOR? Or do you have a provincial nomination approved? If either one of these, an open work permit should certainly be possible.

Parto.h

Apr 2, 2020
Open work permits are only available in limited situations and if you meet the open work permit criteria. On what basis do you qualify for an open work permit? Have you submitted a complete PR application which has been accepted and you have AOR? Or do you have a provincial nomination approved? If either one of these, an open work permit should certainly be possible.
No we don’t have . But I think because of this situation they can accept owp I’m not sure
Because we cannot find job in this situation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No we don’t have . But I think because of this situation they can accept owp I’m not sure
Because we cannot find job in this situation
There is no such rule for OWPs.

You have to meet one of the OWP criteria to qualify and apply.

There have been no exceptions granted due to COVID-19.