File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After complete my ESL programme how can i get work permit during under-graduation degree for part time job
You can't. You don't qualify for an open work permit if you take an ESL program.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you have a regular study permit you are allowed to work 20hrs off campus & unlimited on campus, you font need another permit.

fulcrum

Dec 9, 2020
ESL doesnt qualify for PGWP so you have the options that anyone else has like getting an employer sponsor for LMIA you can see the options on the gov website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html
Hi bongoman,
After my esl program I’m going to start my degree in April. When i cross the border I only got Study permit but I’m going to start university should i take work permit with enrollment letter in couple of days?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi bongoman,
After my esl program I’m going to start my degree in April. When i cross the border I only got Study permit but I’m going to start university should i take work permit with enrollment letter in couple of days?
What work permit? You don't qualify for one.

fulcrum

Dec 9, 2020
What work permit? You don't qualify for one.
Part time work permit. Im going to finish my ESL programme end of the March and I`ll start college first week of April.(I`ll be alligible for part time works) After ESL programme should I have to apply for work permit ? Is procedure take couple of months or can I take it easily with enrollment letter from college ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Part time work permit. Im going to finish my ESL programme end of the March and I`ll start college first week of April.(I`ll be alligible for part time works) After ESL programme should I have to apply for work permit ? Is procedure take couple of months or can I take it easily with enrollment letter from college ?
You don't get a work permit for that, a student can work 20/hrs per week and full time during breaks using their study permit only, your study permit must have the "MAY ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT..." condition, if it doeskin you need to get it amended, you can try asking for amendment at border otherwise its a paper application. https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide/immigration/study-permits/tutorial-amend-study-permit-conditions-work-canada-overview

Reactions: fulcrum

fulcrum

Dec 9, 2020
You don't get a work permit for that, a student can work 20/hrs per week and full time during breaks using their study permit only, your study permit must have the "MAY ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT..." condition, if it doeskin you need to get it amended, you can try asking for amendment at border otherwise its a paper application. https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide/immigration/study-permits/tutorial-amend-study-permit-conditions-work-canada-overview
Thank you