+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

WINGYAN428

Sep 3, 2009
Hello,

I am sponsored by my husband who lives in Vancouver and I am from Hong kong. Our application is in-land. And we sent the application on Apr 18,2009. Do anyone know the exactly time to receive the first stage letter from CIC ? and Can I apply a work permit while I am waiting for the approval of the sponsorship ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

WINGYAN428 said:
Hello,

I am sponsored by my husband who lives in Vancouver and I am from Hong kong. Our application is in-land. And we sent the application on Apr 18,2009. Do anyone know the exactly time to receive the first stage letter from CIC ? and Can I apply a work permit while I am waiting for the approval of the sponsorship ?
1. Approval in Principle about 6 months from Vegreville. You should have sent an open work permit request with the application, and it would have been issued one you receive AIP. To work before then you would have to find an employer who would apply for a Labour Market opinion from HRSDC and if approved, you would have to apply for a work permit outside of Canada, either at Border Point or a Canadian office in the US>

PMM

WINGYAN428

Sep 3, 2009
Hi,
Thank you for your advice. I have further question.

What is AIP in your mail ?

And you mean I can apply a work permit now ? The code of the form is IMM1249E ? right ?

thank you for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

WINGYAN428 said:
Hi,
Thank you for your advice. I have further question.

What is AIP in your mail ?

And you mean I can apply a work permit now ? The code of the form is IMM1249E ? right ?

thank you for your help.

Approval in Principle, you can apply now, but it won't be issued until you receive AIP.

PMM