13-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
Hi,
Could anyone please advise as im going round in circles!
I have been in Canada for 4 yrs under the vistors forces agreement (british army) i am currently waiting for my PR to come through. However my contract is almost finished with the army and i have to find work ASAP i have applied to various companies but i am told they will not take me on without a canadian drivers license, SIN and a drivers abstract. I have tried to get these but cant because i have no work permit. so i am now trying to get a work permit but i am told i need a contract from an employer and an LMO. this is starting to get very frustrating i am running out of time and may have to return without my family back to UK if i cannot find work.
could anyone please give me some clear advise as it seems im chasing my own tail. thanks in advance :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds like the some of the information you're being given is correct.

The first step is to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job. That employer must then apply for an LMO (labour market opinion). Once the LMO is approved, you can then apply for a work permit with the approved LMO (you can do this at a land border crossing rather than mailing in an application).

So your first task is to find an employer who is willing to go through the LMO process. Unfortunately this is much ealier said than done. This is because to obain an approved LMO, an employer must prove that they advertised the job and were unable to find a Canadian to hire for the position.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your search.