27-09-2013
Passport Req..
27-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Hi All, just sharing my experience:

I was a Canadian PR, left Canada for more than 3 years ( so for my PR I was out of status but the PR was still active ) and got a job offer again in Canada, applied to PNP, got nominated and applied for a Work Permit.

During the Work Permit process I received a letter (via email) saying that I must renounce my PR in order to get the Work Permit, so I did , but, I lost some valuable time for this PR renunciation process, thus , now I am waiting longer for my Work Permit approval.

In conclusion, if you are an out of status PR, before starting anything like PNP or WP think about officially renouncing your PR, you will save time....

Bye

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Or depending by how many days have failed the RO consider not renouncing PR and take chance of travelling to Canada assuming still have a valid PR card, especially if have a job offer waiting. Renouncing PR status always should be the last option to follow through on.

Otherwise agree if way out of status then renounce first before following through on any other immigration path as will save time and what is in the past should have no impact to any future applications.

Only PR cards expire, PR status never expires and can only be renounced or revoked.