+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit with OHIP?

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
I've been hearing conflicting things so I wanted to see if anyone could clarify for me. My wife applied for permanent residency earlier this year. We got her work permit and her medical exam all done. I heard that when you get your work permit, you automatically get OHIP. Is that true? Or are we waiting until we get the actual permanent residency?

Aiesline

Sep 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
Canuck78 is correct.

She is eligible for OHIP 3 months from the date of full-time employment. If she has a full-time job, she will need an employment letter hand signed in ink by her boss on company letterhead.

I wrote my letter and had my boss sign it. This is the format I used. Replace the bits in brackets with the appropriate information.

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to verify that {John Doe} is employed at {NAME OF COMPANY} in the position of {NAME OF POSITION}. This position is FULL-TIME.

{John Doe} started working in this capacity on {EMPLOYMENT COMMENCEMENT DATE} and is expected to hold this position until {EXPIRATION DATE OF OWP} or longer if legally able.

{John Doe} performs these duties at {WORK ADDRESS} and will continue to report to this address for the duration of his employment with {NAME OF COMPANY}.

{John Doe} resides at {HOME ADDRESS}.

If you require any additional information, please contact me at {PHONE #} or via {EMAIL Address}.

{Bosses alphabet soup}
}bosses signature in pen}
When she goes to Service ontario she will need to take her work permit, her passport, and proof of address. (check here for a list of appropriate documents: https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card#section-1 )

Hope this helps.

Reactions: np08