+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit with contract job offer! New graduate

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello,
I just graduated from University of Ottawa with a degree in Civil engineering! I applied for my post graduate work permit on May 23rd since I got my official transcript and letter of completion! I have got confirmation of a contract job offer from a construction company.... I wanted to know if I can work since I have a valid study permit with a SIN! Till July 31st What information I need to provide to the company if they ask for any documents!
Can I legally work awaiting for a reply for my work permit?
Thank you for the help

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
Hi!

Yes you can work as you have already applied for PGWP. I am in the same boat with you and I was only requested by the company to provide passport,study permit, letter of completion and confirmation of application from CIC. These documents were enough.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you applied for PGWP while your study permit was still valid you can legally work, doesn't matter if study permit is still valid now.
However some employers will simply not hire anyone without the actual PGWP paper approved and received.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Oh ok! Thank you for the help and information.
At the moment I am just waiting to see what the company says because I got two job offers for field technician position as contract position with two different companies so I will be forwarding them all the documents required because I never brought up about my work status in Canada during the interview process but when I applied all they asked was are you legal to work in the country as a question which I stated Yes!

Moreover this job position/ offer is one of the reason I like since the field technician position qualifies for the NOC category B requirements for express entry which will get me the Pr status when I qualify....