+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit will expire and no LMIA yet

joyie

Sep 16, 2012
Hi There,

My work permit will expire on August 2 as a live in caregiver and I am in the process of processing my LMIA with my new employer, because of the covid i just got a new employer who is willing to provide me a LMIA, the sad part is that before she can submit LMIA application she need to advertise in job bank for 4 weeks and I have less than a month left before my work permit expires. I need some advise on what to do, can I restore my stay? or extend?you help is highly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi There,

My work permit will expire on August 2 as a live in caregiver and I am in the process of processing my LMIA with my new employer, because of the covid i just got a new employer who is willing to provide me a LMIA, the sad part is that before she can submit LMIA application she need to advertise in job bank for 4 weeks and I have less than a month left before my work permit expires. I need some advise on what to do, can I restore my stay? or extend?you help is highly appreciated. Thank you
You can change to visitor status right before your WP expires. The bigger issue is that you may remain unemployed for quite some time.