+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit while waiting for PR

peacherama

Aug 6, 2008
Hi
Does anyone know if its possible to get a temp work permit for Canada (as a UK citizen). I'm thinking that while I'm waiting on my PR application to be processed, that I would maybe try to get in on a Temp Work permit, so that I can start my new life asap. I just want to get to Canada, get a job and wait on PR. If only it where that simple!

Thanks

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
peacherama said:
Hi
Does anyone know if its possible to get a temp work permit for Canada (as a UK citizen). I'm thinking that while I'm waiting on my PR application to be processed, that I would maybe try to get in on a Temp Work permit, so that I can start my new life asap. I just want to get to Canada, get a job and wait on PR. If only it where that simple!

Thanks
- I guess there is no restriction to apply for a temporary work permit. However, the main factor in this case is that you need to have a job offer in Canada. With that job offer you have to apply for temp. work permit. To obtain a job offer is pretty hard. But you never know until you try!

I wish you good luck. Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you look into getting a PR through a PNP? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

It is faster than applying as a skilled worker but you would need a job offer. Even if you already applied as a skilled worker, you can still apply for PNP and withdraw the other one if the PNP is faster.

ven

Aug 25, 2008
hi! i'm new here.. i have a question bout canada application..i'm from the philippines. i already have my AOR and LMO. i'm done with the medicals last june 10, 2008 and submitted my documents last june 27, 2008. my agency got me jobless, they told me my visa will be released in no time.. i'm getting frustrated with the waiting, but can't do anything.. can u give me some advice/ experience regarding the visa waiting.. how long will it take usually? should i get a new job here while waiting. it's just so hard..thanks u so much.