+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit while waiting for outland PR

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
Hello,

My husband and I are about to complete our outland Spousal Sponsorship application and send it through (I'm a Canadian Citizen, he is British citizen, we are currently living in London).

Should we wish to move back to Canada while our application is still in progress, will he be able to apply for a closed work permit if he finds employment there? There is a possibility for him to transfer within his company from the London office to the Montreal office (he's already been transferred both ways before).

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My husband and I are about to complete our outland Spousal Sponsorship application and send it through (I'm a Canadian Citizen, he is British citizen, we are currently living in London).

Should we wish to move back to Canada while our application is still in progress, will he be able to apply for a closed work permit if he finds employment there? There is a possibility for him to transfer within his company from the London office to the Montreal office (he's already been transferred both ways before).

Thank you!
Yes, he can certainly apply for a closed work permit if he qualifies.

myers1811

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Great, thank you for the help! :)
Hey, I am in a similar situation,I have some questions you might have answers for

I myself am British and my common law partner is Canadian. we are sending our common law application tomorrow.

Her visa runs out in November so she has to go back to Canada, I want join her in November/December but am unsure on what to tell the border force people, whether I am just visiting or whether I am waiting there for my visa/PR to be approved.

Thanks

anjum65

Aug 20, 2020
ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TIME LVO IMMIGRATION OFFICER TAKES FOR MAKING FINAL DECISION ABOUT PR, WHEN FILE IS COMPLETE?

TrishGerbs

May 21, 2019
Hi - can one move back to Canada (Canadian Sponsor with South African spouse) and apply for a work permit while Outland PR application is in process? Or would it be best to come to Canada and apply for an open work permit while the Outland PR application is in process?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi - can one move back to Canada (Canadian Sponsor with South African spouse) and apply for a work permit while Outland PR application is in process? Or would it be best to come to Canada and apply for an open work permit while the Outland PR application is in process?
Open work permit is not part of outland application. You cannot apply for one either you move back or come to Canada before or after outland application.

It's just not an option.