+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit visa extension on Passport

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
Hi,
I have a situation where my closed work permit has validity till Sep 2024 but the stamping on my passport is expiring in March 2023. The situation is the same for my spouse's work permit and my daughter's study permit. In this scenario, I won't be able to travel to India and return after the expiration of the visa on our passports (after March 2023) as the work permit would be terminated. what is the process to get a new stamping on our passports from within Canada? Kindly help.

thanks in advance,
-Satish.

Sujith_SU

Nov 15, 2022
I am not really sure but you can try this - In Canada (Toronto), VF services available , so you need to directly go to this services and check. I think here is the place to stamp your passport.

I hope this helps.

Or if you know the process please share here.

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
I am not really sure but you can try this - In Canada (Toronto), VF services available , so you need to directly go to this services and check. I think here is the place to stamp your passport.

I hope this helps.

Or if you know the process please share here.
thank you.

If I figure out something, I will let you know.

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
After inquiring few folks it seems that I need to apply for TRV to be able to get a new visitor visa stamping on my passport. Typically this is given for the same time period as the validity of the work/study permit.