+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit visa doubht? please help needed

tomts143

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
PLEASE I NEED A HELP IN THIS TOPIC

1. I have a approved valid LMIA and job offer letter from the canadian employer.

2. I Went to the "VFS canada" bangalore office to apply work permit visa in 27th march 2015. I submit all the paper documents to the VFS office.

3. He requesting me to pay the amount of 13478rs for open work permit visa fees and sms charges + service charge. I said to the VFS office staff I have seen in the cic web site, for work permit visa fees it's 155 CAD (8000 rs change some thing) then why u asking me to pay 13478rs, And also i said this is WORK PERMIT VISA APPLICATION not a OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA.

4. His reply: it's considred as a open work permit visa, even if ur holding a approved valid LMIA or job offer letter from the canadian employer this considred just as a open work permit visa application only.

MY QUESTION:

1.WHY THE VFS VISA FEES VARY FROM THE CIC VISA FEES SITE ?

2.WHY IT'S CONSIDRED AS A OPEN WORK PERMIT WHILE WHEN I AM HOLDING A "JOB OFFER LETTER AND THE APPROVED VALID LMIA?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
tomts143 said:
PLEASE I NEED A HELP IN THIS TOPIC

1. I have a approved valid LMIA and job offer letter from the canadian employer.

2. I Went to the "VFS canada" bangalore office to apply work permit visa in 27th march 2015. I submit all the paper documents to the VFS office.

3. He requesting me to pay the amount of 13478rs for open work permit visa fees and sms charges + service charge. I said to the VFS office staff I have seen in the cic web site, for work permit visa fees it's 155 CAD (8000 rs change some thing) then why u asking me to pay 13478rs, And also i said this is WORK PERMIT VISA APPLICATION not a OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA.

4. His reply: it's considred as a open work permit visa, even if ur holding a approved valid LMIA or job offer letter from the canadian employer this considred just as a open work permit visa application only.

MY QUESTION:

1.WHY THE VFS VISA FEES VARY FROM THE CIC VISA FEES SITE ?

2.WHY IT'S CONSIDRED AS A OPEN WORK PERMIT WHILE WHEN I AM HOLDING A "JOB OFFER LETTER AND THE APPROVED VALID LMIA?
It is not an open work permit application. There is also a fee that each visa office charges for their services but I do not know what it would be for your location. If you have issues you can always apply online.