+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Validity

Kanikularatne

Jan 7, 2020
I came to Canada on October 2019, after that my Father got a bad situation and hospitalized so I have come to my country on End of November. Now my employer says they take another person. Can I come to Canada because my visa lasts on sep 2020. My work permit is a closed one. Can I come to Canada not for work somewehes only for visit. Until my visa get expired.How can I check this

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Holding a valid visa allows you to come and stay in Canada for a limited time (3-6 months, could be less). But if your work permit is a closed one, and your sponsored employer had hired another person, you may not be allowed to work in Canada with that work permit. You may have to apply for a new work permit

Kanikularatne

Jan 7, 2020
Holding a valid visa allows you to come and stay in Canada for a limited time (3-6 months, could be less). But if your work permit is a closed one, and your sponsored employer had hired another person, you may not be allowed to work in Canada with that work permit. You may have to apply for a new work permit

No I have visa until September 2020. Can I come to Canada and stay without doing any work. Because my uncle is there. So i can go there for like a visit not to work. Where I can check this