+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE IN EDMONTON

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
[flash=200,200][/fl

SITUATION 1:

been working in edmonton for four years since 2009 and I've been doing the same process of applying my work permits online. I have been extending my stay here,renewed my LMO and my work permits,ever since then I had no issues about it.

last january 2012 I extend my work permit as a team member and my work permit stated that my expiration is on nov.2013 because of my passport.

but just recently, my employer promoted me to a supervisory position and he had to do a new LMO for that. and that's what he did, my employer give me the new LMO for supervisory position last august 27 2012 and it's for 4 individuals for that LMO, and I applied online for that,I used to do it everytime I extend my work permit.

My employer spoke to me and the rest of us to submit the LMO online by august 31 2012,so that we can show him the reciept and that by the next paycheck he will raise us..so the 4 us Did that..
We waited for 62 days for the work permit for the supervisory position to come out.
But then I was worried because the 3 got theirs already just last nov.5 and I am still waiting for mine to come out and deliver via mail.

and...just this nov.14 2012 I've check my email and I got a message coming from CIC to check my CIC account, so that's what I did.
here's the message:
" NOV. 14 2012 -- YOUR APPLICATION REF.# ????? HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE CIC LOCATED IN EDMONTON FOR PROCESSING THE CIC WILL BE CONTACTING YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION IN DUE COURSE"

when reading this,the first solution that comes in mine is to phone CIC hotline.
I did phone CIC hotline and speak with one of the agent, he told me to wait for the local office to phone me for some verification.

SITUATION 2:

I applied FSW last October 2010 and received a message from CIO- nova scotia that my application for FSW was refused for some reason that I have to be in the NOC O,A,B category last March of 2011,
from time to time I check my FSW (file on line with the file code) there's no new to it, but last febuary 2012 I can't open my file online , so I think it was deleted because it was refused though..and they did not mail me back the doucuments that I send them,but they gave me back my money $ 550.

..JUST OUT OF CURUIOSITY, THE SITUATION 1 THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW , MIGHT HAVE BEEN BY ANY CHANCE BE CONNECTED IN THE SITUATION 2 THAT I'VE DONE BEFORE...

I am not really worried about how long would the local CIC edmonton will contact me and when will they do the verification for the work permit,.but the sooner the better right,..
I know I still have Nov.2013 to stay,.
but regardless, I am still worried if what are the things that are needed to verify.
Do I need to be interview or etc...

DOES ANYBODY OR ANYONE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE..?

Your Help to this matter is highly appreciated.. :D ;) ;D :)

thanks and godbless :-* :-*

canadaman2012

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
i think no need to worry / just collect your pay stuff / employee letter / your job offer / let your employee know about whats going on they may call ur employer make sure they will answer correct / just face the interview by them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

canadaman2012 said:
i think no need to worry / just collect your pay stuff / employee letter / your job offer / let your employee know about whats going on they may call ur employer make sure they will answer correct / just face the interview by them.
I would bet the CIC Edmonton is going to question whether the OP started working as a supervisor before s/he received the new work permit. (From the information it would appear so) And why the employer all of a sudden requires 4 supervisors. It will depend on the number of employees in the restaurant.

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
Hi, I had the same issue. My work permit file transferred to local office in Edmonton. Did you ever get your work permit after that? How long did it take for processing after they transferred your file. I'm just worrying here. Please help me if you have more information about this.

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
[flash=200,200][/fl

SITUATION 1:

been working in edmonton for four years since 2009 and I've been doing the same process of applying my work permits online. I have been extending my stay here,renewed my LMO and my work permits,ever since then I had no issues about it.

last january 2012 I extend my work permit as a team member and my work permit stated that my expiration is on nov.2013 because of my passport.

but just recently, my employer promoted me to a supervisory position and he had to do a new LMO for that. and that's what he did, my employer give me the new LMO for supervisory position last august 27 2012 and it's for 4 individuals for that LMO, and I applied online for that,I used to do it everytime I extend my work permit.

My employer spoke to me and the rest of us to submit the LMO online by august 31 2012,so that we can show him the reciept and that by the next paycheck he will raise us..so the 4 us Did that..
We waited for 62 days for the work permit for the supervisory position to come out.
But then I was worried because the 3 got theirs already just last nov.5 and I am still waiting for mine to come out and deliver via mail.

and...just this nov.14 2012 I've check my email and I got a message coming from CIC to check my CIC account, so that's what I did.
here's the message:
" NOV. 14 2012 -- YOUR APPLICATION REF.# ????? HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE CIC LOCATED IN EDMONTON FOR PROCESSING THE CIC WILL BE CONTACTING YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION IN DUE COURSE"

when reading this,the first solution that comes in mine is to phone CIC hotline.
I did phone CIC hotline and speak with one of the agent, he told me to wait for the local office to phone me for some verification.

SITUATION 2:

I applied FSW last October 2010 and received a message from CIO- nova scotia that my application for FSW was refused for some reason that I have to be in the NOC O,A,B category last March of 2011,
from time to time I check my FSW (file on line with the file code) there's no new to it, but last febuary 2012 I can't open my file online , so I think it was deleted because it was refused though..and they did not mail me back the doucuments that I send them,but they gave me back my money $ 550.

..JUST OUT OF CURUIOSITY, THE SITUATION 1 THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW , MIGHT HAVE BEEN BY ANY CHANCE BE CONNECTED IN THE SITUATION 2 THAT I'VE DONE BEFORE...

I am not really worried about how long would the local CIC edmonton will contact me and when will they do the verification for the work permit,.but the sooner the better right,..
I know I still have Nov.2013 to stay,.
but regardless, I am still worried if what are the things that are needed to verify.
Do I need to be interview or etc...

DOES ANYBODY OR ANYONE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE..?

Your Help to this matter is highly appreciated.. :D ;) ;D :)

thanks and godbless :-* :-*
Hey did you ever get your work permit after the file was transferred or did they refuse it?
I had the same situation I've been worrying a lot. Please let me know

Reactions: Jhegel

balaakshay25

Oct 17, 2019
Hello,

I have received an email that my application has been sent to the local office at Etobicoke after I applied for a Post-graduation work permit.

any suggestions regarding what next would be appreciated.

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey did you ever get your work permit after the file was transferred or did they refuse it?
I had the same situation I've been worrying a lot. Please let me know
Hey did u get ur work permit? How long it took to get in ur hand?!