+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - Timeline 2021?

mz1

Mar 27, 2021
Hello,

Does anyone on here get work permit approved just a few days after submitting the application?

I checked CIC Processing Times, it said “50 days” for both online and paper applications. But some people say it only takes 4-7 days to get work permit approved these days.

Any experience?

Thank you!

Last edited:

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hello,

Does anyone on here get work permit approved just a few days after submitting the application?

I checked CIC Processing Times, it said “50 days” for both online and paper applications. But some people say it only takes 4-7 days to get work permit approved these days.

Any experience?

Thank you!
I have done 2 applications for 2 friends. One of them got approved in 10 days and got the WP in the mail in 17 days. The other friend juat received an extension paper with one year expiry to attach to the expired WP.
I applied for both of them in November.

mz1

Mar 27, 2021
I have done 2 applications for 2 friends. One of them got approved in 10 days and got the WP in the mail in 17 days. The other friend juat received an extension paper with one year expiry to attach to the expired WP.
It’s quite fast for your friends tho. May I know where they come from?

Jst101

Mar 13, 2021
Wow, that’s so long. CIC website says “50 days”.
Where are you from? And are you convention refugee or refugee claimant?
I am from bc, refugee claimant , my file is in process since November. No answer. Idk what to do

chaz_dance

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Did they get their permit in the mail at the end of the month? It is my theory that they post them all together as this is what the website says:
Step 4: Printing and mailing of work permit
The print queue PQ-DOC-9518-8 belongs to CPC-E.

The study or work permit will print with all other issued permits.

The CPC-E will change the status of the permit as required for normal processing after they have printed it and will mail it to the applicant as per the standard mailing process.