Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello All,
I am expecting AINP Nomination/support letter in few weeks under AINP H1b Stream, don't know exact duration although :(. But I would like to proceed further and get my temp work permit forms filled in and get ready with all necessary documents so that once I get nomination/support letter I can go ahead for work visa.

Is it good idea at this point of time to hire an attorney and get their guidance or it can be done by myself? any recommendation for reliable attorney would be greatly appreciated. Also, while applying for work permit do we need to go thru medical exam?

How long does it take to get support letter/Nomination here in my case since I have a offer letter from Alberta employer?

Thanks in advance and regards!

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Seniors. I appreciate if you reply to the post.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Canadabie said:
Seniors. I appreciate if you reply to the post.
Read posts from member wendy2. This should give you some idea.
But, also note she had already received her nomination before she got a job offer.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Unless I am missing something, what do you need an Attorney for?

When you get your nomination letter, you are eligible for a WP since you already have a job offer letter. Unless you need an attorney to help you write your name, address and mail it to CIC, unfortunately, I do not get the point.

Depending on the job/profession, you may need to do medicals to get a WP. Most jobs do not need medicals, except you are in the health professions.
Canadabie said:
Hello All,
I am expecting AINP Nomination/support letter in few weeks under AINP H1b Stream, don't know exact duration although :(. But I would like to proceed further and get my temp work permit forms filled in and get ready with all necessary documents so that once I get nomination/support letter I can go ahead for work visa.

Is it good idea at this point of time to hire an attorney and get their guidance or it can be done by myself? any recommendation for reliable attorney would be greatly appreciated. Also, while applying for work permit do we need to go thru medical exam?

How long does it take to get support letter/Nomination here in my case since I have a offer letter from Alberta employer?

Thanks in advance and regards!

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi Chigirl/Prof456,
Thanks for your suggestions, just wanted to make sure if there is any need to have services from attorney. But you replies clear's the air.
I just have file number but then received a letter saying my file is being closed if I have a offer letter then it can re-open it. I didn't get nomination yet and contacted AINP and they said that I just need a offer letter so that I can get support letter with which WP can be obtained.

I haven't been able to get how long will it take to get support letter since I have limited days to join the new job. Any idea on how long does it take to obtain WP?

Thanks in advance.