+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Research Trainee

GalloT

Jun 12, 2017
Hi.
Im a master student from Mexico and im going to do a research stay at the Universite du Quebec as a research trainee for 6 months. I have to present a work permit, but im not sure if i am a worker or a student, and what kind of permit do i have to apply for. it seems to be a Post-doctoral fellows awarded a Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and research award recipients [C44].
If any one can help me i'll be grateful.

rania123

Feb 23, 2018
Hi Mr/Ms Gallot,

I'am now facing the same problem. I received a letter with a job offer and offer employment number to do an internship for 7 months to finish my master degree and prepare for Ph.D. in Cananda. I have to present a work permit, but im not sure if i am a worker or a student, and what kind of permit do i have to apply for.
I hope you will see this response and tell me what you had done and which type of permits you had applied for.
Thank you!

gilrodriguez

Feb 7, 2018
Hello!

I have a concern that really bothers me. After IRCC received my application, up to this date, wala pa akong medical examination request. This confuses me as my other colleagues, who are doing the same process for the same employer, were already asked & submitted their medical results.

I am applying from BAHRAIN whereas my colleagues are processing in the Philippines.

Here is my timeline

08th Nov 2017 LMIA Approved
16th Jan 2018 Application Received

Any advice on my case will be highly appreciated.