+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit renewal at the US border is available currently ?

Jun81

Mar 29, 2019
Hello. Did anyone try to renew a work permit at the US border recently? I am waiting for PGWP extention under the public policy (Applied July 18 together with visitor record for my family member) and have not received any update from IRCC yet. I would rather go to US border to renew if possible. If anyone done recently, please let me know. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. Did anyone try to renew a work permit at the US border recently? I am waiting for PGWP extention under the public policy (Applied July 18 together with visitor record for my family member) and have not received any update from IRCC yet. I would rather go to US border to renew if possible. If anyone done recently, please let me know. Thank you
IMO you won't be able to do this at the border since you applied under a special policy.

I don't think this has anything to do with whether they are processing work permit applications at the border or not. IMO a border application isn't possible under the special policy. The policy has already ended. The application you submitted is fine since presumably it reached IRCC by / before July 27th. However going to the border is not going to work.

Jun81

Mar 29, 2019
IMO you won't be able to do this at the border since you applied under a special policy.

I don't think this has anything to do with whether they are processing work permit applications at the border or not. IMO a border application isn't possible under the special policy. The policy has already ended. The application you submitted is fine since presumably it reached IRCC by / before July 27th. However going to the border is not going to work.
Thank you for the information!