+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit renewal approved but not yet received-- able to renew RAMQ with confirmation letter?

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
I recently received a letter in my IRCC portal that my work permit renewal request was approved, and my new work permit will be valid until August 2025. The work permit will take about six weeks to arrive by mail.

Can I use the letter stating that my work permit has been approved to renew RAMQ? It expires next month, and I know it takes a long time for them to process the renewal.

(And can I use that same letter to renew my SIN?)

Thanks!

Ruii

Jun 11, 2022
in my experience, both RAMQ and SIN require official documents - the work permit. You can send that to RAMQ for double check. And try to avoid some dangerous activities in the following 6 weeks

Reactions: Slycollins

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I recently received a letter in my IRCC portal that my work permit renewal request was approved, and my new work permit will be valid until August 2025. The work permit will take about six weeks to arrive by mail.

Can I use the letter stating that my work permit has been approved to renew RAMQ? It expires next month, and I know it takes a long time for them to process the renewal.

(And can I use that same letter to renew my SIN?)

Thanks!
Can you share your timeline, been waiting for my work permit application too applied September

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
**Update, sharing here, in case it may be useful to anyone else in the future.**

So, one needs the actual work permit to renew RAMQ and SIN, not just the letter stating that the work permit is approved.

BUT, it only took one week for the letter to arrive! The approval letter said the visas could take up to six weeks, so it ended up being much faster than I had expected.

Bernardox2

Oct 12, 2023
Sure, I applied for my renewal on June 4th, 2022, received the confirmation of renewal on January 5th, 2023 (total of 214 days, if you only applied in September, you'll be waiting a while longer...)
Hello, can you tell me what what is the Start date on your work permit? Is it August 2022 or January 2023? thanks