+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit refused

@@7861@@

Oct 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
i have applied my work permit on june 28 ,2019 after that on oct 17 they asked my for additional documents - transcripts i have uploaded them on oct 19,2019 and today i got my final decision which say your application is refused and they issued a following statement :
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:
 University, community college, CEGEP,
 publicly funded trade/technical school or
 private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
As you do not meet this requirement, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.

as i already completed my full time studies which is more than 16 months and i also provided all additional documents what they required can some one plz suggest me what to do in this case my study permit and TRV is expired on sep 30,2019.
plz post your valuable suggestions.
thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
i have applied my work permit on june 28 ,2019 after that on oct 17 they asked my for additional documents - transcripts i have uploaded them on oct 19,2019 and today i got my final decision which say your application is refused and they issued a following statement :
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:
 University, community college, CEGEP,
 publicly funded trade/technical school or
 private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
As you do not meet this requirement, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.

as i already completed my full time studies which is more than 16 months and i also provided all additional documents what they required can some one plz suggest me what to do in this case my study permit and TRV is expired on sep 30,2019.
plz post your valuable suggestions.
thanks.
Were you a full time student for the entire period of your studies? What school did you attend? Did you take any unauthorized / unscheduled breaks in your program?

@@7861@@

Oct 19, 2019
Were you a full time student for the entire period of your studies? What school did you attend? Did you take any unauthorized / unscheduled breaks in your program?
Yes , I was a full time student just for last semester I was part time y because I repeated one course which I got less CGPA. No didn’t took any breaks in between my studies.
Thanks

@@7861@@

Oct 19, 2019
New York institute of technology,course :Master of science ( information network and computer security)

@@7861@@

Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for the response Canuck 78 actually recently my institute they changed name master of science in information network and computer security to master of science in cybersecurity If I’m not wrong I think this update has confused immigration officer to decide either to approve or refused he /she opted refused .plz respond to this query ASAP thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response Canuck 78 actually recently my institute they changed name master of science in information network and computer security to master of science in cybersecurity If I’m not wrong I think this update has confused immigration officer to decide either to approve or refused he /she opted refused .plz respond to this query ASAP thanks
Can’t comment as to why you have been refused but perhaps a good idea both to order CAIPS and provide the information about change of name and evidence from the school through webform.

@@7861@@

Oct 19, 2019
They mentioned that my temporary status is expired on oct 25 they said I have to apply for restoration status other wise I have to leave Canada. What do you suggest should I apply restore of my work permit or else I have to contact my college and ask them to send accqurate evidence to cic through web form. Plz comment ur valuable suggestion. Currently I’m thinking to get a proof of course completion letter which says that my master degree falls under master of science in cybersecurity And a explanation letter for college which which Says that they updated the course name that this applicant is eligible for PGWP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They mentioned that my temporary status is expired on oct 25 they said I have to apply for restoration status other wise I have to leave Canada. What do you suggest should I apply restore of my work permit or else I have to contact my college and ask them to send accqurate evidence to cic through web form. Plz comment ur valuable suggestion. Currently I’m thinking to get a proof of course completion letter which says that my master degree falls under master of science in cybersecurity And a explanation letter for college which which Says that they updated the course name that this applicant is eligible for PGWP.
You should probably do both.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Does you completion letter say Masters in Cyber Security?
I suggest you call/contact IRCC and try ro get your case reopened. Did other people get their PGWP?

@@7861@@

Oct 19, 2019
Hi bongoman,
Today I collected a proof of evidence from my university which says on my graduation letter master of cybersecurity is formerly known as information network and computer security and a letter of explanation which says that they have recently changed there course name to cybersecurity which is known as Ms-INCS today I applied for my restoration of work permit with all required documents & additional supporting documents as well .plz post ur valuable suggestions.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi bongoman,
Today I collected a proof of evidence from my university which says on my graduation letter master of cybersecurity is formerly known as information network and computer security and a letter of explanation which says that they have recently changed there course name to cybersecurity which is known as Ms-INCS today I applied for my restoration of work permit with all required documents & additional supporting documents as well .plz post ur valuable suggestions.

Thanks
I would send it via webform for reconsideration in addition to the other things you plan to do.