+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refused Need urgent help

Rpatel22

Sep 21, 2018
Hey nick in same situation here..... suggest me.....Been in canada for over 6 years....i have Closed work permit with employer restrictions exp 2019 sep....applied for Pr application through pnp programme

july 2017 application
March 2018 medicals done

expecting ppr next month.
Got fired from my job.

I cannot work with closed work permit. Please advice what to do.

Will this affect my pr application, should i be informing cic or pnp office about it. Scared to death. Please help.

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
I think based on what i have read in other thread so far.. you can still stay in canada until your work permit expires...

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
Hello
So My visitor visa also rejected , i am on breaking point as hope diminishing everyday,
They gave reason i havent applied within 90 days of wp (which is wrong i applied within 70 days)
And still waiting for ppr , called cic yesterday said bg check going on , nothing on gcms either says in process
IS THERE STILL HOPE LEFT?
Will i GET PPR LIKE THIS?
Its 23 months
Now no status , is worth i can wait like this ??
I am very depressed all these 8 years , going away just like that.
Please help me , what option i have
Is getting lmia now will secure my pr.
Lawyers wont suggest that
Says it has nothing to do with pr
U simple wait , ?
How are you supporting yourself? Maybe you should go back to your home country?

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello
So My visitor visa also rejected , i am on breaking point as hope diminishing everyday,
They gave reason i havent applied within 90 days of wp (which is wrong i applied within 70 days)
And still waiting for ppr , called cic yesterday said bg check going on , nothing on gcms either says in process
IS THERE STILL HOPE LEFT?
Will i GET PPR LIKE THIS?
Its 23 months
Now no status , is worth i can wait like this ??
I am very depressed all these 8 years , going away just like that.
Please help me , what option i have
Is getting lmia now will secure my pr.
Lawyers wont suggest that
Says it has nothing to do with pr
U simple wait , ?
Hey, did you mean that 70 days is the day after your previous permit refusal which is loss of status ? If this is the only reason than I'd like to add some thing here. Please confirm.

Reactions: nickmalik

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
Hey, did you mean that 70 days is the day after your previous permit refusal which is loss of status ? If this is the only reason than I'd like to add some thing here. Please confirm.
No its from-the first work permit refused, then reappy which they refused in 2 months ,then applied visitor.
9 june 2018 owp expired
11 june 2018 applied owp
18 august refusal wp
22 august apply visitor visa
19 november refusal visitor.
Filed reconsideration now

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
No its from-the first work permit refused, then reappy which they refused in 2 months ,then applied visitor.
9 june 2018 owp expired
11 june 2018 applied owp
18 august refusal wp
Yes, that was my thinking to apply for reconsideration through web form. I believe you have added all the refusal letter with your explanation. I noticed CIC is refusing applications lately for some silly reasons. Someone added the pnc letter with their application but CIC office said he did not; some body added the support letter just in case which they don't need to as they are applying for BOWP. But officer thought since he added support letter he should pay the employer compliance fee. But BOWP does not need this. I'm pretty sure they will review yours and approve it.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
9 june 2018 owp expired
11 june 2018 applied owp
18 august refusal wp
Did you just apply for a visitor visa on August 22 or did you also apply to restore your status?

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
@scylla is there still hope to get ppr ? pr?
can i wait for my pr decision like this ? will they reject it with no doubt >?
or is there any option ? if i can arrange lmia , will that be helpful ? will that guarantee work permit and pr ?
please help

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
@scylla is there still hope to get ppr ? pr?
can i wait for my pr decision like this ? will they reject it with no doubt >?
or is there any option ? if i can arrange lmia , will that be helpful ? will that guarantee work permit and pr ?
please help
I believer your PR will continue to process. But it is your obligation to inform PNP that you no longer have the job offer that qualified you for PNP in the first place. If PNP somehow find out that you don't have any employment, they can revoke your PNP and inform IRCC to cancel your PR application.

What does the refusal letter say about your status in Canada? Does it command you to leave as soon as possible?

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
Yes, but i file for reconsideration as they gave totally opposite reason for refusal.
Very little hope there .
I have talked to ainp , ainp said its on ircc now . Can i have approved lmia now?
Will they approve work permit , or i have to go out of country , no other option?
I believer your PR will continue to process. But it is your obligation to inform PNP that you no longer have the job offer that qualified you for PNP in the first place. If PNP somehow find out that you don't have any employment, they can revoke your PNP and inform IRCC to cancel your PR application.

What does the refusal letter say about your status in Canada? Does it command you to leave as soon as possible?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
9 june 2018 owp expired
11 june 2018 applied owp
18 august refusal wp
I feel you..we are almost in the same situation..my closed WP expired last year and reapply 3 days before the expiration, got the decision Feb this and it was refused because my agency did not apply for lmia and caq..seek a lawyer's advise and we applied for Humanitarian and compassionate program because it's not really my fault why I didn't have an lmia and caq..my employer applied for caq and lmia without the agency in the picture..got the positive lmia and caq and forwarded to ircc..and after 7 mos got the decision and it was refused without any reason, as in they did not state why they refused my application and my lawyer said it shouldn't be like that. By law they should state the reason of the refusal. So my lawyer applied for reconsideration etc..I believe most the officers now are new and with limited knowledge..

Don't lose hope, keep on praying..remember that God is good!.scripture says "in EVERYTHING give thanks to the Lord"..there is a good reason for all of these..and it's all for your own good..just keep your faith. God will make a way..